"Ayubowan ...." Colombo by ukirsari
Colombo Travel Guide: 388 reviews and 861 photos
Ayubowan [Sinhala lingo or Sinhalese] is the way of Srilankans to say greetings. And the meaning is pretty nice: may you have long life.
I spend several hours here, before heading to Delhi for my India trip 2004 and back from Delhi to Singapore.
So far, I see many many coconut trees and lush-greenery places around Colombo. I hear about elephant orphanage, several Buddhist temples and atolls as main tourist destinations.
My first experience to try Indian cuisine abroad [not in my own country] happened in the aircraft. Something sweets so called Gulab Jamun for dessert. Milk powder added with egg and fried, then served with simple syrup. So delicious [even too sweet, so I eat it with red wine :)].
Then something that I'll never forget, after having dinner in the aircraft on the way to Delhi, we'd got 3 times stalls caused by thunderstorm, so I entertain myself with playing games and sing an Indonesian pop-song, "Ada cerita, tentang cinta kita." [here a story about our love].
- In a nutshell:Want to be here someday
ukirsari's Related Pages
Colombo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Indian Ocean Melting Pot"
- "Under construction, please be patient."
- "Colombo the city where i live"
- "Colombo - the Main city of Sri Lanka"
- "...city of contrasts..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Colombo
- Hotels in Colombo
- Transportation in Colombo
- Nightlife in Colombo
- Restaurants in Colombo
- Shopping in Colombo
- Warnings and Dangers in Colombo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Colombo
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Colombo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Colombo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos