"coming home ... successfully landed in ambon" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Ambon by ukirsari
Pulau Ambon Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 80 photos
leaving beloved amboina past few decades, finally i am able to make my coming back. burst in tears to realize that i missed so many things as the years goes by. i used to live in secluded - tranquil bay overlooking the hills and this moment i have to "jump" within honking roads, full of motorbikes and cars at the downtown.
i never denied how do i miss this tiny capital city of moluccas islands but sometimes i think it's too far away to be visited from jakarta or london where i spend my time mostly.
the encounter about ambon recently happened as i start a project with a dearly friend, marvy, to make article about traveling here. well, abundant memories as many can be told about the island make our work done faster. the boost energy also coming from him, who never tired to brings my memory back about the city of amboina.
seeing ambon today ... flabbergasted by its condition. the atmosphere from her heydays still remains. but in contrary ... there's a scar that may difficult to be forgotten.
i wish, the island will be back as beautiful and enchanting as before. locals living in harmony so the travelers get the positive impact.
ambon island used to be a strongest point for the portuguese, occupied by the britons instead of the dutch. by this background, can be understood how important ambon for the conquerors dated back centuries ago. so, please be shinning again as before, to be a friendly and safe place to living in.
i am not a big fan of coffee, but i found hang-out within a traditional coffee shop and surrounded by my ambonese friends here is somewhat gorgeous. none of them has changed even years passes after the years. i'm glad i can still talking in their language. i am so happy to have meet up with them.
and most of it, some of my friends who never been to ambon asking me to company them: visit amboina. i'm delighted. it's a jolly. i'm home again. baku dapa' deng ale, as i can tell in their language. yes, i am back! finally.
- Pros:nice ocean views overlooking lush greenery hills
- Cons:the heat is up ... unbearable sometimes!
- In a nutshell:friendly and smiling faces, ah ... so great to be home again!
ambon can be simplified by beaches and blue sky that pretty easy to be visited. near of far just take a loop within... more travel advice
as the city with glorious past, ambon also designated as the central of christian mission. no wonder, old churches still... more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Pulau Ambon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Spicy Island, Ambon Manise"
- "Ambon Manisé over the seven seas"
- "Ambon manise"
- "Ambon Manise"
- "coming home ... successfully landed in ambon"
- "Ambon: The Capital of Maluku Province"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Ambon
- Hotels in Pulau Ambon
- Transportation in Pulau Ambon
- Restaurants in Pulau Ambon
- Shopping in Pulau Ambon
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Ambon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Ambon
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Pulau Ambon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Ambon
- Commented on one of ullfri49's Pulau Ambon travel pages
- Wrote a Review cool sandy beaches in Pulau Ambon Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "cool sandy beaches"
- updated a Pulau Ambon Travel Page "coming home ... successfully landed in ambon"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Do you have a travel mascot..."
Photos in Pulau AmbonSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos