">> city by the rivers " Top 5 Page for this destination Banjarmasin by ukirsari
Banjarmasin Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 89 photos
early morning with andrea bocelli's plaisir d'amour on earphones whenever find my cell received a message "ready to go downstream?"
an early morning scene by the rivers of southern kalimantan. barito and martapura.
let's go, let's go, let's go ....
nice and humble and friendly and eating much also :)
still in arguably with a good friend of mine; which one is addressed as "venice of the east" [means south east asia] to be exact? is that damnoen saduak at thailand, along the klongs of bangkok or banjarmasin?
he said "banjarmasin" .... now ... i have the same perception. but of course everybody can choose their own opinion. i do enjoy this morning scene along the rivers. from dusk 'till 08.00 am.
i was longing to have this picture at least once in my lifetime. floating market with friendly sunrise and nice people gather around me. thank for the long weekend in this september. i made my plan to visit banjarmasin. coincidence, my master of photography [uhmmm!!! sorry jeng soes :)] susilo w. a.k.a jeng soes just flew there for a job vacancy. what a nice companion will be!!! plus, another friend, budi a.k.a bodong already working there for the last 3 years. so here happened a small rarely nice reunion among us. bodong meet jeng soes for the very first time. and it caused by noisy @rie, hahaha! matur nuwun yo guys, asyik tenan mlaku-mlaku bareng. jeng soes, thanks for gorengan and photography tricks and 'macgyver' tripod. bodong, thanks for the transportation and being my manager to enter the village of dayak kaharingan tribe at loksado and malaris. gonna miss you guys!!!
- Pros:i enjoy the canals and rivers' life very much.
- Cons:unarguably hot and sweating city!
- In a nutshell:still in progress. thanks.
from banjarmasin to direction marabahan, there's a long bridge connected two areas that divided by barito river. looks... more travel advice
banjarmasin, mainly tradings among locals happened on the rivers. so does the transportation, one to another connected... more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Banjarmasin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Venetia of kalimantan. (haha)"
- ">> city by the rivers "
- "SOUTH BORNEO / KALIMANTAN SELATAN"
- "Banjarmasin, the River Life Charm"
- "QUEEN ESTUARY: BANJARMASIN"
- "Banjarmasin the river"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banjarmasin
- Hotels in Banjarmasin
- Transportation in Banjarmasin
- Shopping in Banjarmasin
- Warnings and Dangers in Banjarmasin
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Banjarmasin
- 6 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Banjarmasin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banjarmasin
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Do you have a travel mascot..."
- Commented on one of h4pp1's Banjarmasin travel pages
- Wrote a Review barito "san fransisco" bridge in Banjarmasin Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "good morning martapura river!"
- created a Banjarmasin Travelogue "good morning martapura river!"
Photos in BanjarmasinSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (99)
Latest Banjarmasin hotel reviews
- Swiss-Belhotel Borneo Banjarmasin
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 16, 2013