Banten Favorite Tips by ukirsari
Banten Favorites: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Along the way to Banten coastal zone by ukirsari
Favorite thing: Banten can be reached within 1 - 2 hours drive from Jakarta and Serang is the provincional city of Banten. A quite tranquil place nearby tollway with several beautiful beaches [Anyer and Carita plus Banten Gulf], historical site [Banten Lama or Old Banten], national parks [Ujung Kulon and Krakatoa volcano]. So, this small town is really a rich place to be seen and explored.
Fondest memory: The coastal zone and padi fields along the way to Old Banten and around.
Old bridge at Banten Lama by ukirsari
Favorite thing: Province Banten used to be part of Province of Jawa Barat [west Java]. Now became a provincional city with their own autonomy.
Fondest memory: Talking about Banten, Anyer and Carita [the beaches] in Province of Banten, the memories always bring to Jalan Raya Pos [postweg] Anyer~Panarukan, a famous world-wide road from Anyer to Panarukan [east Java] which built under the request of Governor Daendels in 1811. The workers were persons in jails and they're killed because bad treatments from the Dutch troopers.
Boys at Speelwijk by ukirsari
Favorite thing: Old Banten people comes from many tribes. Majority from Sundanese, Javanese and Chinese. With their religions; Islam, Bantenese beliefs [convictions] and Kon-fu-tse [Chinese] which are living in harmony.
Fondest memory: Because the unique background, they have a unique way to address someone too. As happened during my visiting to Fort Speelwijk. The boys called me "Cik". Taken from "Tacik" means elder sister in Chinese lingo. Everywhere I go, they always asking me, "Cik, Cik, saya dipotret, nyaaaa." [Sis, do you mind (or can you) to picturing us?]. 'Nya' is ya, or 'can' [from Sundanese]. Okay, you got it Guys.
More Reviews (33)
- Close to the shoreline!
- See All Tanjung Lesung
- Long sleeve for a hot sunny day :)
- Mixing lingo Sundanese and Chinese
ukirsari's Related Pages
Banten Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The mystical Old Banten"
- "Baduy, The Remote Tribe in West Java"
- "Banten Fishing boats"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banten
- Hotels in Banten
- Transportation in Banten
- Restaurants in Banten
- Shopping in Banten
- Warnings and Dangers in Banten
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Banten
- 36 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Banten?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banten
Photos in BantenSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos