">> forgotten old long house ... " Batusangkar by ukirsari
Batusangkar Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 32 photos
the fragrance of fresh coffee beans just flowing in the air. a monkey picks the coconuts from the trees. water mills .... remind me of an american tv series when i was a kid; the apples family [one of the main role was vincent van patten as paul apple, before he start his career as a tennis pro player].
the atmosphere was so laid back. from tabing patah to harau valley and payakumbuh, we stop by at istana basa pagaruyuang [pagaruyung palace].
well, the huge massive pagaruyung palace was gorgeous. no doubt to say it. but refer to the guide said, "this is a replica palace, made-in 1980s after the original ones burned long long time ago." OH!
then we go, further afield by the road and find a small river in a district called belimbing. "stop, stop, stop!!!!!" coincidentally nick and i ask the driver to stop. in front of us, an old ... a very very old wooden mosque was standing still. very enchanting. we love it. and love more, whenever we stop at kampai tuo nan panjang. a forgotten old long house nearby.
even not so much trekking we did at batusangkar, we enjoy the scenic route very much. mountaineous range and hilly areas around tabing patah. surrounded by mist in early morning and night fall. stop for moment to enjoy a cup of coffee and local snacks .... ahhhhh!!!
- In a nutshell:another laid back place at west sumatra :)
diced meat put onto thin bamboo and grilled in charcoal fire. and served with peanut sauce and ketupat [like rice cake... more travel advice
batusangkar from maninjau is quite far, but since we like maninjau so much, we prefer to stay by the edge of the lake... more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Batusangkar Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Batusangkar
- Hotels in Batusangkar
- Transportation in Batusangkar
- Restaurants in Batusangkar
- Shopping in Batusangkar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Batusangkar
- 14 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Batusangkar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Batusangkar
Photos in BatusangkarSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos