""thanks for your respect!"" Besakih by ukirsari
Besakih Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 32 photos
scene 1: passing through ticket box with 2 tickets for adult and 1 for car. the officer already tear them, indicate we paid the entrance fee.
scene 2: 'officer' from tourist information box wants to check them. we already wear our own shash and sarung. nothing wrong. but he mentioned as follows:
- officer: you can not hike up to the temple since there’s a ceremony for new year’s eve. you have to be accompanied by locals.
- @rie: but i want to pray in there and i am sure we can go there by our own, no need assistance
- nick: and we already paid entrance fee
- officer: but you must to hire one of this local guide
- @rie and nick: thanks but no thanks
- nick: we’d been already here several times
- officer: but in what year? you need assistance
- nick: no. we don’t think so
- @rie: so what we should do then? you push us to hire them, officer?
- nick: you go there, @rie. i will awaiting you here, you can pray by your own.
- @rie: no way. once we go together, stick together, can not be separated like this
- nick: so we go there now, @rie. let’s go [and leaving the tourist information box]
- officer: THANKS FOR YOUR RESPECT!
scene 3: level 1 of besakih temple complex
- a boy: madame, you need offering
- @rie: no, thanks. i bring my own for praying
- nick: careful, @rie. young guy, do not follow us. jangan ikut. terima kasih [thanks a lot].
- the boy: saya tidak ikut! madame, may i see your offering, since the priest will look it if you decided to pray there
- @rie: thanks, but none of your business
- a man [using blue t-shirt, without shash!]: hey ... you can not pass this stairs. here is a ceremony
- nick: thanks, but we will not disturb the event. we use another causeway
- the man: you HAVE to listen to me. Here a ceremony and i hear this lady wants to pray, so you must respect with BUY offering here
- @rie: thanks. i don’t need to. up to me what i will use for offering
- nick: please, jangan ikut [don’t follow us]. we can manage ourselves
- the man: THIS IS A TEMPLE. NOT A SUPERMARKET!
- @rie: bapak [sir], thank you so much and if ever this holy temple said as unrespect place, the words just came from your mouth, never from us. and you .... never ever judge or push someone else about how to pray or give offerings! shame on you!
- nick: come on, @rie. ikut [follow] me. no need to listen this caterpillar. come on.
- @rie: wait a moment, sweetheart. i feel so marah [angry] and want to kick him!
- the man: ah, bisanya hanya bicara jangan ikut [ah, you can only say that, don’t follow]
- nick: come on, @rie. we can go hike up. don’t worry and no need to feel marah. let him follows. but do not give or say anything towards him.
scene 4: level 2 of besakih temple complex
- a teenager, approximately 18 years old, iron maiden t-shirt, without sarung and shash: HEY! YOU!!! YOU CAN NOT PASS THIS GATE.
- @rie: excuse me .... who the hell you are? without shash and sarung and yells like address it to animal? how polite are you stupid!
- nick: mau apa [what do you want]?
- the teenager: you can not go in!!!!
- nick: oh thanks, but saya dan dia [nicholas and @rie] bisa [can]. see you, caterpillar!
scene 5 – 10 [exploring the huge temple complex in shower rain and mist roll-in was nice].
scene 11: on the way back from the top of besakih. a guy using handy-cam with tee-shirt ‘*** terrorist’ can go easily and enter the temples easily. why? because rent guides [not only one!!!]. and even a lady [sorry to write down this!!!!] using a bit unproper clothes can go to there also. without sarung and shash. why? because companied with “local bodyguards” a.k.a caterpillar a.k.a one of the iron maiden’s guy group. nick and @rie got big laughs of this!!!
scene 12: taking pictures af the huge temple complex from level 1. the caterpillar in blue tee-shirt still in there. but we don’t care anymore.
pretend him as invisible thing. why? from the way he’s saying and yelling and tell us ... he’s indeed the person in reality who think pura besakih is not a holy temple! he’s the one who thought this place is supermarket and only for makes money. and we absolutely feel, how rude he was. and people like that .... was something unworthed, even for a penny!!!
- In a nutshell:beware about caterpillar! the temple still nice 2 be visited.
ukirsari's Related Pages
Besakih Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Besakih - The Mother Temple"
- "Besakih Temple"
- ""thanks for your respect!""
- "Pura Besakih: The mother temple"
- "Mother of all Temples"
- "BESAKIH : A BEAUTIFUL TEMPLE WITH UNWANTED DRAMA"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Besakih
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Besakih?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Besakih
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos