"a lovely historical town" Blitar by ukirsari
Blitar Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 188 photos
first of all, thanks to my beloved mum and dad, who always take their kids [me and my brother] in historical visits every weekend and holidays.
from them, we as kids [me mostly] learn how to enjoy a trip and find some useful and bright side of a travel itself. because what i learn from them, a destination it's not about 'just' a destination. a tourist spot is not 'only' a tourist spot as appears in our sight. but many aspects can be found during the trip, from preparation into its time [of travel] and what will we "bring" home ever since.
visiting blitar was turning point in my early ages, about how enjoy a trip. as a bookworm, i usually "busy" reading book from our home to the destination. but my parents made it different. "sure you can read. but we choose the book for this moment. we would like you to read about the history of the first president, ancient temple predating majapahit ancestry, dadeedadeeda."
and added with, walking along the street to see many old building remain in this town. blitar. and that experience still linger in my mind, everytime i back to my hometown.
so mum and dad, i dedicated this page for you both. thanks for your neverending love and show me how to keep the brave face!
for indonesians, the word "blitar" will refer to a pilgrimage of bung karno's tombstone. the first president and the proclamator of the republic of indonesia. unfortunately, the regime after soekarno [of affectionately called as 'bung karno'] decided to give him entitlement as national hero by 1978, or 8 years after he passed away on june 21th 1970.
after bung karno's tombstone, there are several destinations in blitar, such as bung karno's museum [jalan sultan agung nr 59], hindu temple candi panataran until trekking to mount kelud.
and for me personally, i do enjoy to watching several old building which still remain in this lovely small town. one of them is hotel sri lestari [now is join to tugu hotels chain] as appears in the first picture of this page. i take it in the evening, whilst enjoy how cozy the atmosphere was.
- In a nutshell:'house' of bung karno is here!
if there's a businessman who wants to do cafe and resto business with colonial sense, it will work in blitar. in the... more travel advice
the closest entry points to reach blitar by air are from surabaya and malang. then from these points continued with... more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Blitar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a lovely historical town"
- "Blitar, city and regency"
- "BLITAR Nurses-home Of Kediri & Malang"
- "Places to See in Blitar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blitar
- Hotels in Blitar
- Transportation in Blitar
- Nightlife in Blitar
- Restaurants in Blitar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blitar
- 12 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Blitar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blitar
Photos in BlitarSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos