"one of the best diving site in the world" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Bunaken by ukirsari
Pulau Bunaken Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 121 photos
uh! a bright sunny day, rather to a hot sweating day. a small boat is sailing towards manado tua island. then further to a smaller island nearby: to bunaken.
how wonderful to feel this. sea breeze, blue crystal clear water and underwater life in there. so pristine, a world class 'performance' and said as one of the best diving site in the world.
drop-off about 1,500 m and gorgeous panoramic views in front of us. i wish ... if there's an underwater camera.
it's a tiny and lively bunaken island in front of us. nice people, smiling and laughing children. grilled fish and even in the pretty lazy day i can have the beautiful underwater life within bunaken.
it's just in front of the beach. jump and see! so easily find :)
apart of beautiful underwater bunaken, a question still linger: can this beauty will last forever? problem is ... it's pretty close to a big city. counted as one of the biggest within sulawesi island.
garbages, oils and sewages to the estuary and will be ended close to bunaken. this underwater garden.
- bunaken marine park is established in 1991 and consist of 5 islands. they are manado tua, bunaken, mantehage, nain and siladen.
- as aquatic [saltwater] ecosystem, in bunaken can be found abundant groups of marine life. from sponges [echinoderms], coral reef to groups of fish.
- approximately daily temperature is 27 degree - 30 degree celcius.
- the waters of bunaken marine park is deep, about 1,566 m and can be compared to the trench in the philippines. and most promising to be seen is the drop-offs.
- beside abundant marine life, bunaken also have wetland dominated by mangrove forests.
- Cons:i don't have underwater camera :(
- In a nutshell:one of the best diving site in the world!
do we really "care" about try to find meals whilst we stay in bunaken? nay! since our bungalow provided meals 3 times... more travel advice
due to the limited time at my first visit, i stay in tongkaina village, about 15 minutes away from bunaken island by... more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Pulau Bunaken Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pulau Bunaken"
- "one of the best diving site in the world"
- "Pulau Bunaken"
- "Indonesia's most famous diving site"
- "Bunaken - World Class Diving"
- "Diving in Bunaken Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Bunaken
- Hotels in Pulau Bunaken
- Transportation in Pulau Bunaken
- Restaurants in Pulau Bunaken
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pulau Bunaken
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Pulau Bunaken?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Bunaken
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Do you have a travel mascot..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "one of the best diving site in the world"
- updated a Pulau Bunaken Travel Page "one of the best diving site in the world"
- Wrote a Review fresh seafood and manadoian cuisines in Pulau Bunaken Restaurants
- Commented on one of jantichm's Pulau Bunaken travel pages
Photos in Pulau BunakenSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos