">> abdi na nyariosakeun kacirebonan " Cirebon by ukirsari
Cirebon Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 86 photos
cirebon, a hidden jewel of west java, there are several palaces of the old sultanates, with unique lingo mixing central and west java, an old harbour and traditional batik influenced by chinese and west europe patterns. also delicious eateries called nasi jamblang.
it's so laid back in cirebon, walking along jalan lemah wungkuk. witnessing time goes by, as a palace hidden by a local market. sad but true, reflecting the glorious moment from the past.
[this is one of my childhood song]
saya mau tamasya, keliling-keliling kota
keramaian yang ada
saya panggilkan becak
kereta tak berkuda,
becak-becak, tolong bawa saya
[i want to go wandering, around the city
for watching and looking
bunch of tourist spot
so, bring me here a becak
cart without horse
oh becak, becak take me to there]
the places we’d been at cirebon: sugar mill sindanglaut, old houses along jalan lemah wungkuk, bank indonesia-british american tobacco [BAT]-bank mandiri buildings, chinese temple welas asih [klenteng thiaw kak sie], keraton [grand palace] kasepuhan, keraton kanoman, grand mosque cirebon, local market kanoman and the harbour of cirebon.
thanks to dearly nick who gave me ‘special offer’; sugar mills visits at Sindanglaut, 40 kms away from cirebon. Yes, suiker-fabriken [sugar factory, dutch lingo] becomes our main destination. we have to ask many local before, since both of us never been at sindanglaut. then i added idea to visit grand palaces of cirebon sultanates, old mosque, temple, harbour, local market, old buildings and cirebon square [town square].
during weekend, we got so many experiences. visit the old steam locomotives ~which very rarely found in the world [nick gets the information from his dad and several sources in the net], visit the old house of de onderneming [chief of sugar factory, dutch lingo] ~I do love to learn about its indische woonhuizen [dutch design and architecture for houses that applied for tropical countries like Indonesia], ‘till laugh oud loud whenever seeing flipper show at cirebon square. “the dolphins looks so stressed,” nick's comments. “maybe feel like hell, as hot as the loco-steam!”
oh, anyway i got a new nickname ‘Puffin Billy’, since my experience about locomotive only based on a small literary from a children book the famous five [by enid blyton, uk]. meanwhile nick got that ‘lovely’ nickname based on the flipper show; ‘steam dolphin’.
- In a nutshell:... a hidden jewel of west java ...
if you feel cirebon sweating hot, you can go further uphill to kuningan, a small pleasant city. can be found there... more travel advice
as i work in the same company with santika group hotel, it always be here if i visit cirebon within assignment. nice... more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Cirebon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ">> abdi na nyariosakeun kacirebonan "
- "CIREBON - NEGARA GEDE (THE GREAT KINGDOM) (*under"
- "Balongan, Cirebon and Indramayu"
- "Cirebon, Heritage of Old Kingdom"
- "My Second Cirebon Trip"
- "CIREBON and KUNINGAN"
- "First Time Stay in Cirebon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cirebon
- Hotels in Cirebon
- Transportation in Cirebon
- Restaurants in Cirebon
- Shopping in Cirebon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cirebon
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Cirebon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cirebon
Photos in CirebonSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos