">> one of the main destinations in indonesia " Top 5 Page for this destination Java by ukirsari
Java Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 130 photos
can not telp but smile, everytime my fellows in the office asking me, "mau pulang ke jawa?" [where are you going, to java?]
what exactly jawa or java is? since they're asking me in jakarta -- which is part of java island, pulau jawa? :) are they confuse or something mad across in their mind that jakarta is another island of java. well, so far can be described as; the name java, literally addressed to places and people -- out of jakarta as the capital of indonesia. and in the other side, the term "orang jawa" can be used to them who live in central java or east java. so how about people in west java? known as sundanese.
but the real explaination about java is not so confusing like that. for me, the exotic name of java just simple:
- one of the mainland in indonesia archipelago and the heart of the government of the republic of indonesia
- capital city known as jakarta at special region [daerah khusus ibukota] jakarta raya
- stands from several provinces, such as: west java [bandung as the provincial capital], east java [surabaya], central java [semarang], daerah istimewa jogjakarta [special region of jogjakarta], daerah khusus jakarta raya [as the capital of indonesia] and banten.
java mainland, from west to east. from national park ujung kulon [west java] to national park meru betiri, banyuwangi [east java] from the ancient ruins of cirebon palace [west java], ngayogyakarta hadiningrat [jogja] to majapahit palaces [east java] ... all of them standing together like the jasmines in a garland.
i adore all of them, and make it difficult to tell "which one i like most". every places has their own unique destination. from the ancient era, colonial to the modern life. and also brings their own heritages and legends.
but for a conclusion, if i can write several highlights here they are:
- banten: the old castle of kaibon and devil's rock harbour [karanghantu] and masjid agung banten
- cirebon: kasepuhan and kanoman palaces
- surakarta: kasunanan palace
- jogjakarta: sultan palace, water castle tamansari and sumur gumuling
- muntilan/magelang: borobudur temple
- jogjakarta: prambanan temple, cebongan and ratuboko temples
- semarang: gedongsongo temple
- dieng plateau: dieng temple
- mojokerto: majapahit temples
* colonial sites
- semarang: gereja blenduk, lawang sewu and candi hills
- surabaya: kembang jepun, kebon rojo, kalimas and tanjung perak
- jakarta: oud batavia, menteng and medan merdeka
- bandung: braga and wastukancana
* national park, mountain, beaches and nature life
- west java: 'green canyon' [oopsss, sounds so close with grand canyon :D] and kampung naga and gunung gede-pangrango and halimun national park
- banten: krakatoa, ujung kulon, pulau dua, anyer, carita, baduy
- central java: gunung merapi, menoreh hill, gunung sumbing and sindoro, flower market salatiga, wonosobo, rawa pening
- east java: bromo-tengger-semeru, baluran, ijen, meru betiri, grajagan a.k.a g-land, tawangmangu, madakaripura, watu ulo, ngliyep
* islands [around java mainland]
- pulau seribu
about lingo, in java there are several local lingos and dialect can be learned and it's so interesting. for examples:
- west java: sundanese or bahasa sunda, cirebonan [mixed sundanese and jawa 'kuwe']
- west - central mixed: using at several places in the 'borderline' of west and central, such as cirebon, pamanukan, purwakarta, tegal, etc
- central java: basa jawi, stands from: ngoko, madya, inggil. normally used at surakarta and ngajogjakarta
- east java [seems more complex than others!]: surabayan, malangan, osing [banyuwangi], madurese, etc
and not to be surprised, even in the same island, one and the others can be pretty different in characters, intonation and meaning. for examples:
- 4 [four] can be said as papat [jawa ngoko], sekawan [jawi inggil], ganep [sundanese], ampat [madurese]
- you can be said as elu [betawians], kowe [jawa ngoko], panjenengan [jawi inggil], sira [cirebonan]
- i can be said as guwe [betawians], dalem [jawi inggil], kula [jawa madya], ingsun [cirebonan]
- In a nutshell:under construction pages, thanks :)
location >> a very simple humble, pedestrian in a corner of solo [surakarta]. but the customers a.k.a client... more travel advice
along jalan sudirman jogjakarta, laying several nice hotel, such as novotel jogja, santika jogja and an old boutique... more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Java Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Central Java"
- "Java - Pulau Jawa"
- "The Island of Java."
- ">> one of the main destinations in indonesia..."
- "Imogiri, a gateway to heaven"
- "Kiosk Bensin"
- "JAVA INDONESIA ONE OF THE MANY ISLANDS HERE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Java
- Hotels in Java
- Transportation in Java
- Nightlife in Java
- Restaurants in Java
- Shopping in Java
- Warnings and Dangers in Java
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Java
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Java?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Java
Photos in JavaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos