">> the entrance to karimunjawa archipelago " Pulau Karimunjawa by ukirsari
Pulau Karimunjawa Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 8 photos
pulau karimunjawa a.k.a pulau karimun besar is the main entrance to karimunjawa archipelago in the heart of java sea.
~ ecosystem type: rainforest plain with seagrass, algae, mangrove and coral reef
~ stands from 27 islands in the chain of archipelago
~ specialities vegetation: Crystocalyx macrophyla
~ type of algae: green, brown and red
~ mangrove with kind of vegetation: Terminalia cattapa, Casuarina equisetifolia, Scaerota frustescens, Strebus asper, Hibiscus tiliaceus and Rhizophora mucronata
~ kind of coral reefs: fringing reef, barrier reef and patch reef. stands from 51 genus, 90 types of hard corals and 242 species of fish.
~ protected items on the sea: Antiphates spp, Tubipora musica, Cassis cornuta, Charonia tritonis, Nautilus pompillius, Turbo marmoratus and 6 types of kima
~ animal on land: Cervus timorensis subspec, Macaca fascicularis karimondjawae, 40 kinds of birds like Ducula aenea, Haliaeetus leucogaster [warning: so rarely found nowadays], Pycnonotus goiavier, Psittacula alexandri, Eretmochelys imbricata, Chelonia mydas and local snake called 'edor'
* sources: 45 national parks of indonesia and my handbook of marine biology [in the uni, yiippiiiiii after awaiting such a long time >> nice to read it again :) thanks to my professor rp suroso who taught me!!!!]
- In a nutshell:printed version of this travel tips available in intisari magazine, indonesia. released january 2006 by ukirsari rr manggalani
from semarang, you can catch speed boat to enter karimunjawa. or catch the ferry from another entry point at jepara,... more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Pulau Karimunjawa Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Pulau Karimunjawa
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Pulau Karimunjawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Karimunjawa
- updated a Pulau Karimunjawa Travel Page ">> the entrance to karimunjawa archipelago "
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Do you have a travel mascot..."
- Commented on one of DidiBeachBum's Pulau Karimunjawa travel pages
- Wrote a Review catch the ferry or speed boat in Pulau Karimunjawa Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "catch the ferry or speed boat"
Photos in Pulau KarimunjawaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos