"a perfect sunset ever" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuta by ukirsari

Kuta Travel Guide: 424 reviews and 1,177 photos

surfer paradise

said as one of the best beaches for surfers with right and left breaks, here i am in kuta. finding the sun goes to the horizon and the evening sky has come. a very simple but memorable landscape. with or without clouds surrounding the sunset, the atmosphere will always be the same; adorable colours of the sky. remind me to the lyrics of iwan fals' song [a famous singer in my country] .... seperti mata dewa [like the eyes of the gods]. yes, the sun itself and the reflection by the sea. listening and watching to the people on the beach, laughing, singing, talking, surfing, swimming, running, picturing, playing frisbee ... i feel everyone have the same praying .... peace in kuta!

ground zero kuta; a poem to the buried bodies

for those
who spend their joy and happiness
trying to find
the breeze of Indian Ocean
mixing with glittering night
and suddenly
a hell just created by terrorists
blown away their joy
changing their life and the people they love abruptly
with no reason

goodbye dear friends
rest in peace there
in the garden of Lord, The Merciful

(c) ukirsari, 05 april 2003
on duty with my good fellow robert silaban

one of the most beautiful sunset

lying beneath the sun of kuta. wandering along jalan raya kuta-legian-seminyak. a barking dog in poppies lane in a very late night that scary me and my best friend rika -- weird, what happened with the doggy since i love dogs! and the other day, sitting lazy in poppies resto that brings my memory back to my india trip since they have delicious lassi ...
something across in my mind. to be honest, kuta is not my priority whenever i visit bali. i love ubud and celuk more. but in the other hand, i also realize ... in where i have to find a beautiful sunset in bali. one of my answer can be found here. in kuta :)

• In a nutshell:too touristy as well, but great sunset along the coastline
  • Last visit to Kuta: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated May 2, 2006

• loisl's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2007 at 11:23 AM

you look so good on the hood of that car...;-))) Peter

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2006 at 1:39 AM

Gorgeous pic of the sunset surfers.

• SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2006 at 10:09 AM

Your Kuta sunset is like a surreal dream waiting for me to make it a reality. I'm hoping/planning to journey to Bali next spring!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2006 at 8:55 PM

your right @rie..perfect sunset. I need to get my act together and see for myself. superb shots and excellent infos..food as always.. mouthwatering :-))

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2006 at 10:45 PM

Great update Ari & so true about Bali-sunsets... the best ever... loved your "Ukirsari in front of Katana", ;o) greetzzz RoyJava

• xaver's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2006 at 4:23 AM

Hey Rie! Did not know you moved to Kuta, as always a page full of infos.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2006 at 2:56 AM

Didn't have chance to go to hard rock cafe when i was at kuta, but i enjoyed the sunset though :)

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2005 at 10:47 AM

I may visit Bali soon.

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2003 at 3:03 AM

Touching poem on your intro page.

• drolkar's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2003 at 2:17 AM

Balinese sketches at the Hard Rock Cafe ?? That's great...! : )

ukirsari

“life is a neverending journey @ukirsariabroad ”

Badges & Stats in Kuta