"a tranquil and secluded crystal lake" Danau Maninjau by ukirsari
Danau Maninjau Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 44 photos
it's been 18 months after since we visit lake maninjau for the first time.
the beautiful mirror-crystal lake as exactly as before. but we feel weird. so many fish farming growing. and read several of the banners: growmax. without any further info, we can understand what it means: growing maximum.
of course fish farming.
hardly to think further more: is the lake will still beautiful forever?
people can change, condition can be different, move forward [or "and move and fire, and move and fire" said my beloved ones whenever joking me] but ... if i can ask; please stay as before. as our beloved tranquil and secluded crystal lake.
it was 18 months ago, when we stayed at maninjau. thunderstorm along the night before we're heading back to padang, the capital city of west sumatra [december 2003 after christmas eve].
this 2005 trip, we take another way, from padang, pariaman then lubuk basung and bayua [bayur]. before, we took padang, pariaman, bukit tinggi, maninjau and bayua [bayur].
18 months ago at maninjau, we got clear water to swim. and nice bungalow at the edge of the lake.
but on 2005, we're 'rejected' by one of the bungalow owner at maninjau [funny, uh :)] since the occupancy remains full. of high school students on hols. and fish farming in front ... scary us. i don't want to wear my dolphino [snorkeling equipments] here. no way! can be seen nothing but greasy and gloomy water.
so we move further a field to bayur. to a place which was "very far away" [about 3 kms] from maninjau. and we start it again: falling in love with the beauty of the lake. found a nice bungalow with sandy beach at the edge [created and maintenance carefully by the owner >> so it's a successfully artificial beach so far in maninjau].
dalphin got 2 snails and 1 shell. puffin already tried her beloved dolphino and everything so nice in bayur. including our experience back to the bungalow in the evening and got shower rain and have to wake up very early to catch first flight to jakarta. i just use my mini torch from my cellphone while dalphin company behind me. along the way from padi field to the main road.
still across in my mind "we're completely leave maninjau and prefer bayur since then". well, a growmax paranoia?
half of us divided
like a torn-up photograph
half of us are trying
to reach each other half
half the world lies
half the world learns
half the world flies
as half the world turns
* half the world, performed and lyrics by rush, test for echo, 1996
- In a nutshell:serene and beautiful chrystal lake, please come before the growmax change everything!
euhhhh!!! this is my picture by beloved nick, taken in front of billboard "pig hunting". no, no, no .. i wasn't the... more travel advice
it's an old mosque in the main road of bayur to maninjau. unique ornamented even smaller compared to the bloody big... more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Danau Maninjau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Peaceful and Gorgeous Lake"
- "a tranquil and secluded crystal lake"
- "if you're looking for a peaceful place...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Danau Maninjau
- Hotels in Danau Maninjau
- Transportation in Danau Maninjau
- Nightlife in Danau Maninjau
- Restaurants in Danau Maninjau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Danau Maninjau
- 23 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Danau Maninjau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Danau Maninjau
Photos in Danau ManinjauSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos