"a tranquil and secluded crystal lake" Danau Maninjau by ukirsari

Danau Maninjau Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 44 photos

growmax versus eternal beauty

it's been 18 months after since we visit lake maninjau for the first time.
the beautiful mirror-crystal lake as exactly as before. but we feel weird. so many fish farming growing. and read several of the banners: growmax. without any further info, we can understand what it means: growing maximum.
about what?
of course fish farming.
hardly to think further more: is the lake will still beautiful forever?
people can change, condition can be different, move forward [or "and move and fire, and move and fire" said my beloved ones whenever joking me] but ... if i can ask; please stay as before. as our beloved tranquil and secluded crystal lake.

from maninjau to bayua [bayur]

it was 18 months ago, when we stayed at maninjau. thunderstorm along the night before we're heading back to padang, the capital city of west sumatra [december 2003 after christmas eve].
this 2005 trip, we take another way, from padang, pariaman then lubuk basung and bayua [bayur]. before, we took padang, pariaman, bukit tinggi, maninjau and bayua [bayur].
18 months ago at maninjau, we got clear water to swim. and nice bungalow at the edge of the lake.
but on 2005, we're 'rejected' by one of the bungalow owner at maninjau [funny, uh :)] since the occupancy remains full. of high school students on hols. and fish farming in front ... scary us. i don't want to wear my dolphino [snorkeling equipments] here. no way! can be seen nothing but greasy and gloomy water.
so we move further a field to bayur. to a place which was "very far away" [about 3 kms] from maninjau. and we start it again: falling in love with the beauty of the lake. found a nice bungalow with sandy beach at the edge [created and maintenance carefully by the owner >> so it's a successfully artificial beach so far in maninjau].
dalphin got 2 snails and 1 shell. puffin already tried her beloved dolphino and everything so nice in bayur. including our experience back to the bungalow in the evening and got shower rain and have to wake up very early to catch first flight to jakarta. i just use my mini torch from my cellphone while dalphin company behind me. along the way from padi field to the main road.
still across in my mind "we're completely leave maninjau and prefer bayur since then". well, a growmax paranoia?

half the world

half of us divided
like a torn-up photograph
half of us are trying
to reach each other half

half the world lies
half the world learns
half the world flies
as half the world turns

* half the world, performed and lyrics by rush, test for echo, 1996

• In a nutshell:serene and beautiful chrystal lake, please come before the growmax change everything!
  • Last visit to Danau Maninjau: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 29, 2005

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2006 at 5:41 AM

you have really beautiful scenic images on this page - much enjoyed. >~!

• DaDrifter's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2005 at 1:18 AM

Me too @rie :) ... always look at the food tips first ... hahaha ... 'Terung Belanda' sounds interesting, I don't think I have seen this fruit.

• DidiBeachBum's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2005 at 2:42 AM

Kampuang nan jauah di matooooo Maninjau adalah danau tercantik di Indonesia..tempat papa ku di lahirkan.... onde mandeee! heheheeh (padahal gue baru dua kali ke sana) :p

• h4pp1's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2005 at 2:27 AM

@rie.......cantiiik sekali fotonya, kamu pakek tustel apa ? berapa pixcel ? berapa speed n diafragmanya ??? sejuta jempol ke atas buat ente

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2005 at 12:33 AM

Beautiful picture.

ukirsari

“life is a neverending journey @ukirsariabroad ”

Badges & Stats in Danau Maninjau

Have you been to Danau Maninjau?

Latest Activity in Danau Maninjau