"Selaparang, Selapawit then Mataram" Mataram by ukirsari
Mataram Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 20 photos
Mentioned in the book Negarakertagama by Mpu Prapanca; in 14th century Mataram had a kingdom called Selaparang empire. Sela means stone meanwhile parang or karang means reef. I can imagine how ?strong? it was based on that poetic words. ~An empire which standing still on the craggy place ~
- In a nutshell:printed version of this travel tips available in intisari magazine, indonesia. released may 2006 by ukirsari rr manggalani
A sacred spring in the Narmada complex which the water is believed to give the pilgrims eternal youth! more travel advice
It's sacred stones guarded by Dewi Sri [Goddess Sri] nearby the pool of hope in Pura Lingsar. Taken from Mount Rinjani... more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Mataram Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Selaparang, Selapawit then Mataram"
- "Lombok´s Capital."
- "Welcome to Mataram"
- "About Lombok"
- "Mataram at Lombok Island"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mataram
- 21 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Mataram?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mataram
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos