"City by the River" Top 5 Page for this destination Palembang by ukirsari
Palembang Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 114 photos
Waiting my departure time while whispering the theme song of 'Band of Brothers' (directed by Tom Hanks and the main role is Damian Lewis) ....
Palembang oh Palembang, city of Amanat Penderitaan Rakyat [Ampera] bridge, city of water --since so many water activities happened there; fishing, boating, staying-- and our shelter, stopping by from Jakarta to Lake Ranau [at Ogan Komering Ulu or OKU Province] and vice-versa. So myself and the companion need to hurry in exploring this city within minutes! Thanks to Pak Narto, the driver also 'the tour leader' [hahahhaa] of us.
The most important things we're visited:
* Jembatan Ampera
* Batik and souvenirs shops
* Benteng [fort] Kuto Besak
* Sungai Musi [Musi River]
* Zero point [city] of Palembang
* A greenery park nearby the airport
* Eating the most famous snack from Palembang: EMPEK-EMPEK ['till we drop, hahaha]
Well, you can imagine, it's totally not a travel for vacation. It's something called "we're on duties". I am and Latief are journos for magazines, then Hendra is an accountant [euhhh, we laugh sometimes 'do you want to write something as article, Hendra?'], Iman is a reporter for television meanwhile Mochtar is a camera-person.
For the beginning, oh yeahhhh ... we're the enemies to each other on-the-field. Since we have to get the best reportages for our offices. But in the other hand, who can leave a nice thing called "friendship"? Slowly but sure we becomes good friends. Giving nicknames to each other, smile and laugh together, sharing the stories and finally, we spend the very short schedule before departures to Jakarta with hang-out for five of us.
Here we are: @rie 'Princess Aryanto', Latief 'Queen Latifa', Hendra 'Model Kapal Selam', Mochtar 'Kakak Item' and Iman 'Pria Arab'. Thanks for the short trip, Guys!!!
Do not ask about our feeling that have such limited time to exploring Palembang. But thanks God, we have Mr Sunarto [Pak Narto] which is very friendly and helpful. So within 3 hours, our time becomes very precious. And we do hate to say "Goodbye Palembang!" whenever our plane take-off and touch the evening sky of this City by the River Musi.
- In a nutshell:Hot but lovely and becomes a witness of our friendship :)
Empek-empek is the most famous snack at Palembang and very well known if we have a topic about this city. Soon you... more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Palembang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VISIT PALEMBANG"
- "City by the River"
- "Pasar Kentut - Fart Market"
- "Palembang - the second largest city in Sumatra"
- "Palembang trip"
- "The old Kingdom of Sriwijaya"
- "Palembang, Venice of the East"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palembang
- Hotels in Palembang
- Transportation in Palembang
- Restaurants in Palembang
- Shopping in Palembang
- Warnings and Dangers in Palembang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palembang
- 13 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Palembang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palembang
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Do you have a travel mascot..."
- Commented on one of mrdreameruk's Palembang travel pages
- Wrote a Review The most famous Empek-empek and Tekwan in Palembang Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "The most famous Empek-empek and Tekwan"
- updated a Palembang Travel Page "City by the River"
Photos in PalembangSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos