"a getaway in the independence day!" Top 5 Page for this destination Pangandaran by ukirsari
Pangandaran Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 126 photos
it's a getaway. it's an escape from the busiest city, 24 hours life never sleep: jakarta when i set foot to west java. to pangandaran beach to be exact.
the idea just spontaneous. start one day before independence day which come into weekend so the government announced 1 day off as part of its national holiday. then here i go ... pack my daily backpack and heading to one of the bus terminus in the suburban area of jakarta.
and it takes 10 hours ride by mass transportation so called "intercity bus" to reach the destination. then make all of the trip within one - single day destination. so in the night fall, i am heading back to the bus station to jakarta.
it's became something surprise for my own. but i am glad to make it. and celebrate indonesia's independence day with locals. it's fun and extraordinary, seems difficult to be found in big city :)
i'm so proud, i'm so happy ... i feel ... none of the words can describes my feeling whenever see our national flag: sang saka merah putih standing tall and people start to sing our national anthem.
nearby the beach and surrounded by coconut trees. it's so indonesia! and brings back my memory towards my beloved dad. a person who can say "i miss our motherland" in very simple way, whenever one of our national hymn is in the air, then a postcard with coconut trees' waving in front of him whenever we're going abroad.
i am so proud, to standing there. in unknown beach by myself and sing together with locals. this is our land and they're still in recovery moments after hit by tsunami quite long time ago. happy independence day, indonesia.
there are several tourist attraction can be found in pangandaran and around. i did several and give points 8 out of 10 for my satisfaction rate.
the hit lists in pangandaran are:
- west and east coasts of pangandaran [flanked by a road called jalan kidang pananjung]
- pangandaran nature reserve [the boundary trail is nice]
- cujang taneuh [probably uncommon or sounds unfamiliar since everybody address it as green canyon, but i like to pronounce its real name. more exotic ;) ]
- batu karas [a rocky formation beach with good waves for surfing]
- batu hiu [shark rock look-alike]
- cikembulan, cijulang and parigi countrysides
- In a nutshell:after 10 hours ride ... here's the edge of west java!
it's a night rider [not knight rider a.ka. kitt for david hasselhoff :) ] journey that i choose due to the limited time.... more travel advice
along jalan jaga lautan at the east coast of pangandaran you can see many hawker stalls which sell kind of salty fish.... more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Pangandaran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It's so beach!"
- "a getaway in the independence day!"
- "Pangandaran West Java"
- "Pangandaran Peninsula"
- "Cikembulan: Isolated beach near Pangandaran"
- "Pangandaran Adventures"
- "Pangandaran, West Java"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pangandaran
- Hotels in Pangandaran
- Transportation in Pangandaran
- Restaurants in Pangandaran
- Shopping in Pangandaran
- Warnings and Dangers in Pangandaran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pangandaran
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Pangandaran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pangandaran
Photos in PangandaranSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos