">> mystic rhytm " Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu by ukirsari

Pelabuhanratu Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 131 photos

from the legend of Kanjeng Ratu Kidul

speaking about Laut Selatan, the legend about Nyai Roro Kidul still alive nowadays. the story is about beautiful queen, who live at the bottom of Laut Selatan (southern ocean of Indonesia, to direction of Samudra Indonesia or Indian Ocean). she do like to wearing any clothes with green color. that's why, as the legend tell us; avoid uses green clothes during the trip on this beach, or the waves will send to the bottom of the sea and meet the queen.
meanwhile, at Samudra Beach Hotel, Nyai Roro Kidul has a special place at room number 313 (which has been changed to number 308). 'till now, this room is prohibited to be used for guests and the function is for meditation room of the healers.
Nyai Roro Kidul, this beautiful woman (half goddess and human) also becomes inspiration for the artician. here, Basuki Abdullah was painted Nyai Roro Kidul basically of his imagination.
the legend also tell us, that Nyai Roro Kidul has an agreement with King of Mataram (now is known as Kesultanan Jogjakarta) that his progeny should be marry her --in unreal way.

guys, behave :)

On the event 'Media Gathering 2002' by Cagiva and Mabua Harley-Davidson Motor Cycles, we're stay overnight at Samudra Beach Hotel. A monumental building which built by idea of our first President of the Republic of Indonesia, Mr. Soekarno.
Samudra Beach Hotel, all-together with Hotel Indonesia (Jakarta), Bali Beach Hotel (Bali) and Ambarukmo Hotel (Jogjakarta) now becomes a group of heritage hotels in Indonesia.

And here i took picture with Kundrat and Teleng, two of fellows at media gathering 2002. How could them, playing not funny at the night by make a call to my room, which is 308 nearby. Then remain "no answer" at the other side. Arrgghh!!!

on my way home

"On my way home, I remember ...." seems Enya --my favorite Irish singer-- whispering me on the way home. The views just so perfect and I can see the open ocean 'till the horizon. Imagining about a cozy place to forget all the deadlines or heavy traffic. Just blue sky, blue water and me :)

• In a nutshell:a mystical destination!
  • Last visit to Pelabuhanratu: Jun 2002
  • Intro Updated Apr 17, 2005

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2005 at 8:55 AM

Great work Ari@,... sangat seneng you seperated the Pelabuhan Ratu Pages, it's worth it for the Queen, thanks, and love the family pic in the Room! Greetzzz RoyJava

• hunwagner's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2005 at 12:14 AM

Gorgeous pages! If only we could get Bogor into West Java somehow - your Jabar pages would be quite complete!

ukirsari

“life is a neverending journey @ukirsariabroad ”

Badges & Stats in Pelabuhanratu

Have you been to Pelabuhanratu?

Latest Activity in Pelabuhanratu