">> mystic rhytm " Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu by ukirsari
Pelabuhanratu Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 131 photos
speaking about Laut Selatan, the legend about Nyai Roro Kidul still alive nowadays. the story is about beautiful queen, who live at the bottom of Laut Selatan (southern ocean of Indonesia, to direction of Samudra Indonesia or Indian Ocean). she do like to wearing any clothes with green color. that's why, as the legend tell us; avoid uses green clothes during the trip on this beach, or the waves will send to the bottom of the sea and meet the queen.
meanwhile, at Samudra Beach Hotel, Nyai Roro Kidul has a special place at room number 313 (which has been changed to number 308). 'till now, this room is prohibited to be used for guests and the function is for meditation room of the healers.
Nyai Roro Kidul, this beautiful woman (half goddess and human) also becomes inspiration for the artician. here, Basuki Abdullah was painted Nyai Roro Kidul basically of his imagination.
the legend also tell us, that Nyai Roro Kidul has an agreement with King of Mataram (now is known as Kesultanan Jogjakarta) that his progeny should be marry her --in unreal way.
On the event 'Media Gathering 2002' by Cagiva and Mabua Harley-Davidson Motor Cycles, we're stay overnight at Samudra Beach Hotel. A monumental building which built by idea of our first President of the Republic of Indonesia, Mr. Soekarno.
Samudra Beach Hotel, all-together with Hotel Indonesia (Jakarta), Bali Beach Hotel (Bali) and Ambarukmo Hotel (Jogjakarta) now becomes a group of heritage hotels in Indonesia.
And here i took picture with Kundrat and Teleng, two of fellows at media gathering 2002. How could them, playing not funny at the night by make a call to my room, which is 308 nearby. Then remain "no answer" at the other side. Arrgghh!!!
"On my way home, I remember ...." seems Enya --my favorite Irish singer-- whispering me on the way home. The views just so perfect and I can see the open ocean 'till the horizon. Imagining about a cozy place to forget all the deadlines or heavy traffic. Just blue sky, blue water and me :)
- In a nutshell:a mystical destination!
In the gathering among journalists and the motocycles producers, we're created special duel of Tug O'War. Go guys, go.... more travel advice
Not only the beach itself. Finding new atmosphere by walking to the fishermen village is nice also. more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Pelabuhanratu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ">> mystic rhytm "
- "PELABUHAN RATU - West Java"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu - The Queen's Harbour"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu, West Java"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu, the queen's harbour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pelabuhanratu
- Hotels in Pelabuhanratu
- Transportation in Pelabuhanratu
- Nightlife in Pelabuhanratu
- Restaurants in Pelabuhanratu
- Shopping in Pelabuhanratu
- Warnings and Dangers in Pelabuhanratu
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pelabuhanratu
- 14 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Pelabuhanratu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pelabuhanratu
Photos in PelabuhanratuSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos