"Folk Festival and "Final Destination" at Ranau" Danau Ranau by ukirsari
Danau Ranau Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 30 photos
The words "Ranau' is something which calling my curiousity. Situated in the fartest place of South Sumatera, can be reach from Palembang or Lampung, this beautiful lake has an annual event called "Lake Ranau Folk Festival". This year, this festival held for 12 times also the first time they added an automotive event called "Lake Ranau Off-road Challenge". So here I am, almost a week to covers the event and try to find 'something' in Ranau. And yes, I just found :) A cozy place, friendly and humble people. Love to be here!!! It's like a final destination after me and the off-roaders, all participants and contenders exhausted by the tough event. Danau Ranau showing us, how beautiful she is by greenery and beautiful scenery, blue-green and clean white water on the lake, also blue (sometimes grey) sky with clouds flowing in between. Waowwww, I wish I can spend more days here in a homestay! But my office just calling. Hate this!!!!
Jayus ... this is how I call my dear buddy Arya Adya Sadhana. Friend of mine who working as a project officer in JIP magazine. Yes, a monthly magazine which has speciality about 4x4 vehicles, jeep and sport-utility vehicles. When my idea to visit Ranau appears, he give me special offer; how if I go to Ranau not only for vacation but also covers the off-road event. Because he wants to go by himself using his old Land-Rover meanwhile he already booked the flight. By this page Jayus, I would like to say thank you very much and big hugs to you :) I really happy to be there and much or less, it's because of you too. Bener Ya, makasih banyak. Nggak ngira kalau sejayus kamu masiiiihhh aja ada yang bisa dilakukan dengan serius, hahahaha :D
PS: look the way he addressed me "Kam" in his foreword. Actually he wants to say "Mbak" (dear Sister) but he made it opposite ala Malang-style lingo :D You always be my Jayus, don't ya?
The name Danau Ranau (Ranau Lake) is based on a legend about trees called "Hara" and "Reranau". A monk is order the people in the village to cut these trees for farming activity but the trees looks still exist and no one can cut them off. Until one day, when the monk cut them by an axe of his own. The trees successfully cutted and a small spring just appears, getting big and bigger 'till the formation becomes Lake Ranau nowadays.
Ranau has several etnics and 3 of them are Ogan, Komering and Ranau. They're have different lingos but know each other well. And since my dear friend Niko Fiandri is a native Komering, this page I would like to dedicated for him also. Niko, Miss Piggy missed you, wherever you are!!! :)
- In a nutshell:A "virgin" place without electricity and phone-signals. Yes! Love it!
Yuma is presenting his skill on SCS 2 Desa Kemiling. You can do it, Bro!!! Ditto ..... more travel advice
It's off-roading competition with adventurous travel inside. Heading to Lake Ranau by forest and rivers. Added with... more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Danau Ranau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Folk Festival and "Final Destination" at Ranau"
- "DANAU RANAU, BEAUTIFUL LAKE AT TWO SIDE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Danau Ranau
- Hotels in Danau Ranau
- Nightlife in Danau Ranau
- Restaurants in Danau Ranau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Danau Ranau
- 23 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Danau Ranau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Danau Ranau
Photos in Danau RanauSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos