"Kepulauan Seribu" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu by ukirsari
Pulau Seribu Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 261 photos
Mini-arch is my way to shorted 'miniature archipelago', since Kepulauan Seribu [Thousand Island] look-alike small chain of islands that mirrored Indonesia as the biggest archipelago in the world.
Kepulauan Seribu or Duizend Eilanden in Dutch lingo approximately contents of 600 islands and laying on Jakarta Bay which can be reached from Tanjung Priok harbor [modern facility], Pasar Ikan [Fish Market, traditional, famous world wide since the past centuries, especially during the first occupation of Dutch undername of VOC/Verenigde Oost Indische Compagnie] nearby Sunda Kelapa harbor [also traditional and famous world wide in the past] and from several piers at Marina Ancol [modern amusement parks and gateway to Jakarta Bay].
Here several names from Kepulauan Seribu which have several attractions:
Pulau Bidadari [Heavenly Nymphs island or Purmerent island], Pulau Ayer [one of our former President's fave], Pulau Kahyangan [Heavenly island],Pulau Putri [Princess island], Pulau Nyamuk [Mosquito island], Pulau Damar [Torch island or Pulau Edam], Pulau Bokor, Pulau Rambut [Hair island], Pulau Sibaru, Pulau Pabelokan, Pulau Opak, Pulau Genting, Pulau Cipir [Kruiper], Pulau Onrust [Restlessness island or Pulau Kapal/Ship island] and Pulau Kelor [Kerkhof or Graveyard island]. Many names using local lingo and several using Dutch. Approximately, these islands can be reached by a 90 minutes passage.
Undebateable, several islands in chain of Kepulauan Seribu has natural attractions, like a heaven for diving with beautiful reefs, tropical fish, multicolored corals and shells. These are secluded places and virgin islands at Jakarta Bay.
It's not a coincidence if I "met" VTer Goldenboy [Paul Emas] in these islands; Pulau Bidadari, Cipir, Kelor and Onrust. We already arranged a trip for both of us: somewhere in Asia or Europe. But unfortunately we always get different schedule for destinations, vacations, dates, etc. After longing for "years", finally we make it succesfully. It's great to explore places with someone who has same interests. So, no wonder if I became a "victim" of Paul in photography [see my travelogue later]. And last but not least, both of us also thankful to Cucun and company who met us on board to Pulau Bidadari. Soon we becomes friends and six of us take a boat riding to Onrust all-together.
- In a nutshell:Hiding places from busy Jakarta
It's not a dangerous case but take it as a reference. When landed at Onrust Island, someone will ask you to pay the... more travel advice
There are seagulls, eagles and several creatures can be found on the islands. Thousand Islands also have a bird... more travel advice
- See All The algae and reefs
- See All Archeological sites
- See All Tug O' war
- Seafood BBQ
- The shell seekers
Written Oct 14, 2003
The victim of photo session
Written Aug 23, 2004
Hi Guys, nice to meet you :)
ukirsari's Related Pages
Pulau Seribu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kepulauan Seribu"
- "Pulau Sepa and around"
- "Pulau Seribu/Thousand Island"
- "Sensual Islands..."
- "Kepulauan Seribu, North Jakarta"
- "Pulau Seribu"
- "Welcome to East Pantara island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Seribu
- Hotels in Pulau Seribu
- Transportation in Pulau Seribu
- Nightlife in Pulau Seribu
- Restaurants in Pulau Seribu
- Shopping in Pulau Seribu
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Seribu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Seribu
- 50 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Pulau Seribu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Seribu
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Do you have a travel mascot..."
- Commented on one of DidiBeachBum's Pulau Seribu travel pages
- updated a Pulau Seribu Travelogue "Hi Guys, nice to meet you :)"
- Wrote a Review Ask the entrance fee ticket in Pulau Seribu Tourist Traps
- Uploaded a Photo to "The creatures around the islands"
Photos in Pulau SeribuSee All Photos (59)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos