"Kepulauan Seribu" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu by ukirsari

Pulau Seribu Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 261 photos

Mini-arch in the biggest archipelago in the world

Mini-arch is my way to shorted 'miniature archipelago', since Kepulauan Seribu [Thousand Island] look-alike small chain of islands that mirrored Indonesia as the biggest archipelago in the world.
Kepulauan Seribu or Duizend Eilanden in Dutch lingo approximately contents of 600 islands and laying on Jakarta Bay which can be reached from Tanjung Priok harbor [modern facility], Pasar Ikan [Fish Market, traditional, famous world wide since the past centuries, especially during the first occupation of Dutch undername of VOC/Verenigde Oost Indische Compagnie] nearby Sunda Kelapa harbor [also traditional and famous world wide in the past] and from several piers at Marina Ancol [modern amusement parks and gateway to Jakarta Bay].

From Onrust, Kruiper 'till Kerkhof islands ....

Here several names from Kepulauan Seribu which have several attractions:
Pulau Bidadari [Heavenly Nymphs island or Purmerent island], Pulau Ayer [one of our former President's fave], Pulau Kahyangan [Heavenly island],Pulau Putri [Princess island], Pulau Nyamuk [Mosquito island], Pulau Damar [Torch island or Pulau Edam], Pulau Bokor, Pulau Rambut [Hair island], Pulau Sibaru, Pulau Pabelokan, Pulau Opak, Pulau Genting, Pulau Cipir [Kruiper], Pulau Onrust [Restlessness island or Pulau Kapal/Ship island] and Pulau Kelor [Kerkhof or Graveyard island]. Many names using local lingo and several using Dutch. Approximately, these islands can be reached by a 90 minutes passage.

Undebateable, several islands in chain of Kepulauan Seribu has natural attractions, like a heaven for diving with beautiful reefs, tropical fish, multicolored corals and shells. These are secluded places and virgin islands at Jakarta Bay.

Super Mini VT Meeting at Onrust!

It's not a coincidence if I "met" VTer Goldenboy [Paul Emas] in these islands; Pulau Bidadari, Cipir, Kelor and Onrust. We already arranged a trip for both of us: somewhere in Asia or Europe. But unfortunately we always get different schedule for destinations, vacations, dates, etc. After longing for "years", finally we make it succesfully. It's great to explore places with someone who has same interests. So, no wonder if I became a "victim" of Paul in photography [see my travelogue later]. And last but not least, both of us also thankful to Cucun and company who met us on board to Pulau Bidadari. Soon we becomes friends and six of us take a boat riding to Onrust all-together.

• In a nutshell:Hiding places from busy Jakarta
  • Last visit to Pulau Seribu: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 16, 2003

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2008 at 10:29 AM

floating suite looks great fun!, your pages are very interesting

• Goldenboy's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2007 at 5:01 AM

Selamata ulang tahun ya mb aummm ... Sukses dan bahagia selalu! Dirayakan berdua? ;)

• alza's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2006 at 9:05 PM

Good pic, that Fort de Kerkhof!

• jeremy74's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2005 at 8:53 AM

Fishing at P. Seribu. That's what my gf bro promise me when i meet them this june. Can't wait to try my fishing skill in Indo water.

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2005 at 2:11 PM

That Karamba boat looks like a UFO on stilts! Kerkhof doesn't sound very Indonesian to me, more Icelandic or Scandinavian? Nice page @rie!

• stoney13's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2004 at 4:10 AM

Wow! These pictures are wonderful! Very interesting page! I enjoyed reading it very much!

• parik112's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2004 at 4:51 AM

Wow! Beautiful pictures! Good work! Bye Riccardo (Milan, Italy)

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2004 at 8:18 AM

Missed Pulau Seribu every time ... great to read all of the Dutch names, and thanks for the Karamba ... greetzzz RoyJava

• mansionion's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2004 at 7:21 AM

A fren of mine who went to Pulau Seribu told me that she had a good time there. Now I know why, thanks for sharing @rie! -m-

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2004 at 2:28 PM

This fort resembles a mysterious structure in Newport, Rhode Island, USA....believe it or not. Noone seems to know its history.

ukirsari

“life is a neverending journey @ukirsariabroad ”

Badges & Stats in Pulau Seribu

Have you been to Pulau Seribu?