">> introducing gie " Tangerang by ukirsari

Tangerang Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 53 photos

gie .... 46 m2, 108 m2 .. miles away from jakarta

first of all, sorry that my tangerang page contain other than a tourist destination. i build this page as introducing about my tiny and compact house called gie.
after working as bloody journo for 10 years, voila ... i bought my own this lovely home in cipondoh, tangerang. about 15 km from my office, about 30 minutes to west jakarta by toll-way and about 1.5 hours using main roads in a busy-full hectic day.

gie is located in a land with 108 m2 wide and the building itself is a cluster type of housing, with total lenght x width = 46 m2.

i am so glad to have you finally, gie :)

as the only daughter in the family, my first priority to build this house is about a souvenir for my beloved parents. so far, i stay at the boarding house and i feel comfy enough to stay with. but how if my parents come to pay a visit? well ... a hotel becomes the only option. we move to hotel for days and wander around or do some travels around jakarta. then across in my mind .. why not a house for my own, so make my parents easier in staying whenever they're here in jakarta.
so, after such of calculation ... money, salary and everything can be done in my sums ... i take this tiny, small but nice ones at cipondoh, tangerang.

in contrary ... what can i say? tragic? nope .. that's already Allah decision and i can not changed it at all. i already made agreement with the developer that the key will be given to me in my beloved dad's birthday on april 23rd. and secretly, i already made great collaboration with my mum to give him a surprise, prentending i am very busy in jakarta so can not visit them in surabaya so i send 2 return tickets for surabaya - jakarta. then i will drive them to gie and voila ... "hey dad .. this is my home ... ready to welcoming you and mum!" but .... Allah wants another .... he just passed away before this house is ready. about 2 months, 2 days and 2 hours before april 23rd.
so, i dedicated this house to the memory of my beloved dad. the name "gie" is taken from soe hok gie --an indonesian students in the movement of soekarno era, my mum's fave-- and also taken from my beloved dad's nickname himself .... gie. and he loves to write the only initial in the end of his letters ... 'g'.

i love you, gie! this is for you :)

• In a nutshell:one of an urban area at the west part of jakarta
  • Last visit to Tangerang: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 9, 2007

• i-s-a's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2007 at 10:38 PM

congratulations @rie for having your very own home. gie, what an apt name for your beloved home...something special for beloved dad. wherever he is now, i know he is happy for you and for your accomplishments. wish to visit you here soon!

• imran8852's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2007 at 10:38 AM

You will make it...Have faith in Allah! - Ummu 'Imran

ukirsari Used To Live Here!

ukirsari

“life is a neverending journey @ukirsariabroad ”

Badges & Stats in Tangerang

Have you been to Tangerang?

Latest Activity in Tangerang