"Home of the schooners" Top 5 Page for this destination Makassar by ukirsari
Makassar Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 213 photos
To the horizon
To the sunrise
To the place I never been
To see the new life
To feel the sea breeze
And the sunlight
Waiting the sunset
Then the night fall
Have you ever miss your family, Mr Sailorman?
Or have you ever think
Whenever your phinisi-boat reach a secluded harbour and small island
Promise to never leave that place again
"I remember when I was a kid, @rie. I was so rarely see my Dad. And when he back home, his fragrance was mixed tobacco and sea-air. But I love him still. Accept him as it should be. Like a son to his great Dad. Since he was, he is and always. Captured in my heart."
[someone who truely close with me, ever ... telling this touching feeling towards his Dad, one day ... whenever tells about his native Bugis-Selayar-Portuguese]
* ukirsari, May 18th, 2004*
"Tassiaga kumatteka tauwe diliweng puang?" [how much i should pay for a single trip]
"Ta limassebbu." [5,000 rupiah]
"Masulik wegga puang, tellusebbuna puang." [hmmmm, too expensive! may i give you 3,000 rupiah?]
"Tambaiki sisebbu puang, jaji patasebbu." [added 1,000 rupiah more, please, so 4,000]
"Iyek, mainik falek." [ok, deal]
* a buginese conversation, long, long time ago!*
~ Makassar or was known as Ujung Pandang, is the main harbour and gate to enter Indonesia Timur [east of the archipelago of Indonesia]. From this entry point, you can go to Papua, Maluku islands, Selayar, Buton, Flores, Kalimantan and others in the east of my country. Many many schoners go sailing from Paotere harbour to these destinations. And Makassar also the provincional city of South Sulawesi.
~ The main attractions of South Sulawesi as follows:
* Toraja Highlands on the south-western peninsula
* Makassar herself
* Bira Island
* Selayar Island
Hi my Little Buddy, whenever I write this letter Tante @rie already back to Jakarta. I miss your smile, I miss your naughty-spontaneous-but cool habits when we're together several days ago in Ujung Pandang.
Marco, Mommy Cil told you that Tante @rie always "going anywhere"; underlining the sky, capturing beautiful sceneries, finding beautiful old buildings and going and going and going as a traveller. But I can tell you now, of course as a "bird" I need a nest and trees to have a sleep and keep my heart there, Sweetheart. And one of those is you ... I was so happy to hold your tiny hand when we go hang-out. I like to see you showing me your uncomplete teeth and say "aaaawwww" then we laugh together. I love to take picture with you standing in front of me then your fingers touching my hands and say "No, no, no ... this one better. Not that one, Tante @rie!!!"
Yeah, I am gonna miss you, Coco. Cepatlah besar dan menyongsong matahari [oh, keep growing fast, Little Child and follow to the sun] as Iwan Fals' song. So you can be like me, as Mommy ever said before you're fallen asleep at your bedtime :)
Coco, would you please take care Mommy Cil and Daddy Rudy and little brother Josh as you'd promised me before I go to the airport? Tante @rie still has that promise, will visit you again someday, okay?
I love you, Marco.
[my letter to Marco, 3 years old, first son of my beloved friends Cil and her hubby Rudy. Guys, your son truely stolen my heart :) ]
- In a nutshell:I don't want to miss those schooners :)
That's not women names I want to mention, but it's part of Bugis lingo for conversation :) There are several local lingo... more travel advice
Chinatown is a nice place to hang-out in the night time. The mercury lamps along the street plus old and new temples... more travel advice
Written May 18, 2004
Nothing but Cil
Written Aug 31, 2004
a morning at Paotere Harbour
ukirsari's Related Pages
Makassar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of the schooners"
- "Makassar - City of Maritime"
- "Ujung Pandang - Makassar - South Sulawesi"
- "Makassar is a paradise 4 sea-food lovers"
- "Journey to D'Exotic South Sulawesi"
- "Makassar - east of Wallace Line."
- "Makassar, colonial history and bugissailers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Makassar
- Hotels in Makassar
- Transportation in Makassar
- Nightlife in Makassar
- Restaurants in Makassar
- Shopping in Makassar
- Warnings and Dangers in Makassar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Makassar
- 21 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Makassar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Makassar
Photos in MakassarSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos