Yogyakarta Shopping Tips by ukirsari Top 5 Page for this destination
Yogyakarta Shopping: 27 reviews and 29 photos
My wall decoration @rie
Wanna get a nice wall decoration as appears here? It's mine and I buy it when I visit Mirota batik shop nearby Malioboro street.
What to buy: Many kind of wall decoration also batik and jamu (traditional medicine).
What to pay: About USD5 up :)
Address: Mirota Batik
Directions: At Malioboro street, in front (opposite side) of Pasar Beringhardjo
Wayang kulit Dewarutji @rie
Along Malioboro street (otherwise Jalan Pangeran Mangkubumi), we can buy many kind of art tuffs made-in Jogjakarta. First is batik and second is wayang kulit (puppet made from buffalo skin). You can put this wayang as wallpaper decoration as my family did :)
What to buy: Wayang kulit with great characters. Like Dewarutji (presenting as the illustration), he's god of sea (can be compared like Neptunus in Greek myth) or Bima, Arjuna, Nakula - Sadewa (from the legend Mahabrata or Bharata Yudha/ War of Bharata family).
What to pay: About USD10 - USD50 in good quality (depends on the material).
Address: Jalan Pangeran Mangkubumi
Directions: Nearby the train station of Jogjakarta
More Reviews (28)
- Saturday night ... other nights always...
- See All Gereja Kathedral
- See All Absolutely Gudeg Lesehan
- See All Several recommended hotels
ukirsari's Related Pages
Yogyakarta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Royal Capital of Indonesia"
- "The cultural authentic heart of Java!"
- "Wonderful people, beautiful city"
- "::Sugeng Rawuh ing Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat::"
- "Imogiri, a Gateway to Heaven"
- "A Weekend in Jogja"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yogyakarta
- Hotels in Yogyakarta
- Transportation in Yogyakarta
- Nightlife in Yogyakarta
- Restaurants in Yogyakarta
- Shopping in Yogyakarta
- Warnings and Dangers in Yogyakarta
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mabou Harbour Hotels
- Rose Hill Hotels
- Kuala Perlis Hotels
- Lago di Varese
- Montepulciano Hotels
Badges & Stats in Yogyakarta
- 30 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Yogyakarta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yogyakarta
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Do you have a travel mascot..."
- Commented on one of bpacker's Yogyakarta travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Imogiri, a Gateway to Heaven"
- updated a Yogyakarta Travelogue "Imogiri, a Gateway to Heaven"
- Wrote a Review Saturday night ... other nights always Malioboro in Yogyakarta Nightlife
Photos in YogyakartaSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (99)
Latest Yogyakarta hotel reviews
- Peti Mas Hotel
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 28, 2013
- Inna Ambarrukmo Palace
- 127 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Jayakarta Hotel & Spa Yogyakarta
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- Airlangga Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Hotel Santika Jogja
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Rumah Palagan Yogyakarta
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 6, 2013
- Puri Artha Hotel
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Inna Garuda
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Betty Losmen
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Dec 9, 2012
- Hotel Ibis Malioboro
- 165 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Sartika Homestay
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 5, 2012