"::Sugeng Rawuh ing Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat::" Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta by ukirsari
Yogyakarta Travel Guide: 734 reviews and 1,878 photos
What can I say about Jogjakarta or Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat? The 'land' where culture and traditional life still exist 'till nowadays? Place where myths and facts are put alltogether in the unity? Anything :)
I was there, long long ago. Remember my time with Mum using becak [rickshaw] go to the train station. Awaiting my Dad back from Surabaya after he finished his duty. Of course my family live in Surabaya also. But school holiday means, we [without Dad] move to Jogjakarta and around. For what? Since my Mum always mention her kids 'have to' be close to the nature, old buildings, fresh air and temples. And it works, Mum ... I feel so blue everytime we back to Surabaya by train or plane. Seems my small heaven just taken behind the clouds or lush-greenery padi fields.
I want to underlining here; that I'm proud to be one of people who (ever) live here. Because my ancestors were live (and laying) here. Because they're have nice lingo. Because in many parts Sanskrit lingo still exist ... and also Jogjakarta becomes one of the culmination points in Java island where the tradition still exist and stay in the modern way. All can be describing easily using the simple words (which became local idioms); Neverending Jogja.
Madep manteping putriku Ukirsari,
kalbu manembah sujud marang Gusti
Patraping katetapan sira kuwat
Lan tekan sakabeh ing ginayuh*
* A pray from my beloved Dad for me in Javanese lingo --kinda not daily used lingo but a bit poetrical :) I like the way Javanese lingo using 'degrees of comparison'; how to use daily lingo, for us, the elder persons and 'poetry' lingo :)
Here, my Dad wants to underlining my daily activity with his praying: ...
"You've to keep straight in your step my daughter, your soul will keep praying to the God. And be strong everytime, everywhere. Because your parents here are always hold your love and wherever you go, we always be together in spirit --so you can reach us easily"
#Thanks a lot Dad#
- In a nutshell:Temples, traditions, my ancestors' homeland
This is the lively part of Jogja after midnight. Where the teenagers, travellers and locals hang-out in togetherness... more travel advice
Old and fine mosque of Kotabaru, Jogja. The minarets are nice and the environment is cool, not busy at all!! more travel advice
Written May 21, 2004
.: My Jogjakartan friends :.
Written Nov 9, 2004
Imogiri, a Gateway to Heaven
ukirsari's Related Pages
Yogyakarta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Royal Capital of Indonesia"
- "The cultural authentic heart of Java!"
- "Wonderful people, beautiful city"
- "::Sugeng Rawuh ing Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat::"
- "Imogiri, a Gateway to Heaven"
- "A Weekend in Jogja"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yogyakarta
- Hotels in Yogyakarta
- Transportation in Yogyakarta
- Nightlife in Yogyakarta
- Restaurants in Yogyakarta
- Shopping in Yogyakarta
- Warnings and Dangers in Yogyakarta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yogyakarta
- 30 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Yogyakarta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yogyakarta
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Do you have a travel mascot..."
- Commented on one of bpacker's Yogyakarta travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Imogiri, a Gateway to Heaven"
- updated a Yogyakarta Travelogue "Imogiri, a Gateway to Heaven"
- Wrote a Review Saturday night ... other nights always Malioboro in Yogyakarta Nightlife
Photos in YogyakartaSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos