"::Sugeng Rawuh ing Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat::" Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta by ukirsari

Yogyakarta Travel Guide: 734 reviews and 1,878 photos

Sanskrit to modern Javanese lingo

What can I say about Jogjakarta or Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat? The 'land' where culture and traditional life still exist 'till nowadays? Place where myths and facts are put alltogether in the unity? Anything :)
I was there, long long ago. Remember my time with Mum using becak [rickshaw] go to the train station. Awaiting my Dad back from Surabaya after he finished his duty. Of course my family live in Surabaya also. But school holiday means, we [without Dad] move to Jogjakarta and around. For what? Since my Mum always mention her kids 'have to' be close to the nature, old buildings, fresh air and temples. And it works, Mum ... I feel so blue everytime we back to Surabaya by train or plane. Seems my small heaven just taken behind the clouds or lush-greenery padi fields.

A neverending story

I want to underlining here; that I'm proud to be one of people who (ever) live here. Because my ancestors were live (and laying) here. Because they're have nice lingo. Because in many parts Sanskrit lingo still exist ... and also Jogjakarta becomes one of the culmination points in Java island where the tradition still exist and stay in the modern way. All can be describing easily using the simple words (which became local idioms); Neverending Jogja.

My Dad's praying

Madep manteping putriku Ukirsari,
kalbu manembah sujud marang Gusti
Patraping katetapan sira kuwat
Lan tekan sakabeh ing ginayuh*

* A pray from my beloved Dad for me in Javanese lingo --kinda not daily used lingo but a bit poetrical :) I like the way Javanese lingo using 'degrees of comparison'; how to use daily lingo, for us, the elder persons and 'poetry' lingo :)
Here, my Dad wants to underlining my daily activity with his praying: ...
"You've to keep straight in your step my daughter, your soul will keep praying to the God. And be strong everytime, everywhere. Because your parents here are always hold your love and wherever you go, we always be together in spirit --so you can reach us easily"
#Thanks a lot Dad#

• In a nutshell:Temples, traditions, my ancestors' homeland
  • Last visit to Yogyakarta: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated May 20, 2004

ukirsari

“life is a neverending journey @ukirsariabroad ”

Badges & Stats in Yogyakarta

Have you been to Yogyakarta?

Photos in Yogyakarta