"the old british colonial harbour town" Syriam by ukirsari
Syriam Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 12 photos
syriam offers me something different whenever visiting the golden land [the way burmese addresses their motherland]. several old colonial buildings still remains here. with laid back atmosphere.
one of the good preservation of catholican church in syriam is the sacred heart with the ruins of portuguese chuch nearby.
but the tourist attraction here is ye le paya at kyauk tan. i spent one fine day at syriam with zin zin [vt member zin]. beside enjoy finding old colonial buildings and churches, we also visited local markets and watching local womens making paper flowers and tit-bits of food fish nearby the yangon river.
- Pros:nice traditional markets, old churches and old buildings
- Cons:bumpy road in several places
- In a nutshell:enjoy the colonial buildings remains here
ukirsari's Related Pages
Syriam Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Syriam
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Syriam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Syriam
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos