"Meet Himalayan wild animals" Kufri by ukirsari

Kufri Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 31 photos

>> from Captain's Log Book

24.06.04

~ Kufri after Shimla and spending nice time with my Ladakhi and Himachali friends and the animals.
~ Do not feeding and teasing the animals, I read the signboad. Why? Because the animals also have feelings like human.
~ And I do agree with that point above, especially whenever I want to have picture of browny bear. When I say, "Baby, Baby, please stand up, I want to have your picture, pleaseeeee." He just doing as exactly as I ask and waving his hands.
~ I don't mind to visit Himalayan Nature Park Kufri on summer or winter ~ when this place traped by snow ~ since the scenery always beautiful.
~ Feel a bit sad, since I can not see the yaks. Caused by summertime, they're going up, up and up hills.
~ For the very first time and maybe will never ever happened again, I got entrance ticket about Rs10 at Indira Gandhi Memorial Park at Kufri and never be asked Pathkar or non-Pathkar a.k.a Hindustani :) Yiipppppiiiiiiiiiii, salute!!
~ Rs95 for red cherry and Rs5 for plum are truely negotiable prices for fresh fruits at Kufri. Thanks for bargain galore :) And for peach, I can get at Shimla night market, only for Rs20 . So, I have completely fruity dinner!
~ Should be back to Shimla before 19.00 PM or I will very late to enjoy the Indian tea.

• In a nutshell:Romantic greenery pinewood with nice animals
  • Last visit to Kufri: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Jul 8, 2005

• MikeStarr5's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2007 at 2:55 PM

I wish we had some Barking Deer where I live here in "Barking Town" - sadly all we get is a few Barking Dogs !

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2006 at 1:35 AM

Interesting pages...good pics too! Blu

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2005 at 5:25 PM

Great tips but where are the pics of you riding the yak? (LOL!!)

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2004 at 4:47 PM

A very enjoyable page, I love some of your discriptions! Wonderful photos, Well done (~_~)

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2004 at 7:29 AM

I find this page rather good! I like!!!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2004 at 5:33 PM

I never knew anything about Kufri, nor much about that part of India, so thanks for the information and pictures.

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2004 at 10:38 PM

Great page @rie - I still get a strange taste in my mouth whenever I hear the word 'rujak'. WHY? lol. I love yaks.

• radz's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2004 at 4:47 AM

Nice pics,Kurfi i had been Winder,love to see SUMMER.

• Jul 4, 2004 at 3:49 AM

Hi @rie, finally got to see some of your India pages. Looks like quite an interesting place. Thanks for sharing.....

• mrdreameruk's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2004 at 6:59 AM

Hello ,glad to see ur back in one piece. Speak to u soon

ukirsari

“life is a neverending journey @ukirsariabroad ”

Badges & Stats in Kufri