">> visit the beautiful pinky dolphins " Chek Lap Kok by ukirsari
Chek Lap Kok Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 33 photos
it's about 08.30 am in kowloon hotel lobby. i read about vienna boys choir will perform tonight at hongkong cultural centre. cheapest ticket is HK$150 [still can do with my budget, my heart's whispering]. trisha [my new friend, from chicago, usa] is reading a novel, meanwhile the family: jack-susan-charlotte [england] just joined us.
suddenly, group of boys under 16 years old, are coming. one by one into a group. just across in my mind "oh, must be hard rock t-shirt as a dress code", since all of them are wearing hard rock's. seoul, tokyo, hongkong ...
then i think for moment, whenever an elder guy with a woman, 30s [can be the director, arranger and manager] standing in front of them, talking very seriously in germans plus giving every boys a paper, hand-writing and copied ... with codes #3, solo ... #1 overture ... #6 chorus [yes i can recognize since i'd got the same whenever join concerts in my violin class].
mon dieu! these boys .. must be the vienna boys choir. i want to take picture! but in the same time, tour guides from hongkong heritage just coming. announce something. then our group, pink dolphin tour. flora --the tour guide-- telling me "come on, our mini bus is ready in front of the lobby."
oh, hiks! i'd just missed a golden moment with the boys :(
i tell to trisha, "come on, we'll see the pinky ones pretty soon. bus is ready!" then inside the bus, i ask her about "do you know who are they, the boys who were sitting around me in the lobby?" and trisha's comment, "oh @rie, why you don't tell me earlier so we still have time to take pictures with them?" yeah, oh boy! flora just came in the wrong time!
but forget it. within next 45 minutes we're going to tung chung harbour in lantau island, change to a cruiser for 30 person [in maximum capacity] and sailing away to chek lap kok island and pearl river delta regions.
and there .... yes .... we found them! the beautiful pink dolphins :) oh babies, you're so lovely! and pretty difficult to be pictured!
trisha is the first person who give up to take pictures of pink dolphins. "are you kidding!" is her answer everytime i ask her, "can you? you can or you can't?"
my pictures also seems the same [pretty far and can not capture the best shot of these dolphins], but at least charlotte and i are the person who like to stand-by with camera while watching the dolphins. meanwhile jack and susan are standing and give us direction "here, there ... on your back!" hahahaha. it's a nice half-day dolphins visit :)
about pink dolphins themselves, they're known as white chinese dolphins or Sousa chinensis [species] and classified as hump-backed dolphin. with migratory from south africa, asia, south-east asia until australia. when they're babies, their skin colour are normal grey. but step by step in their adult period, skin colour changing into pink and pink. leave the grey as only spots, until becomes totally pinky dolphin.
in hongkong, pink dolphins can be found around pearl river delta regions. and counted as rare-endagered animal. the reclamation process around hongkong and hongkong island, the busy of fishermen boats and air traffic of the planes take-off and landing in chek lap kok airport can give impacts to their quantity. hoping they'll survive!
- In a nutshell:hoping the pink dolphins will survive in pearl river delta regions!
lantau island also a home for gigantic buddha [with size said as equal with a jumbo jet!!]. you can take cable car for... more travel advice
watching the busy activity of chek lap kok airport's runway from the sea-side. from taxiing, landing and take off... more travel advice
ukirsari's Related Pages
Chek Lap Kok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On Lantau Disneyland finally opened!"
- ">> visit the beautiful pinky dolphins "
- "Chek Lap Kok, better known as "Hong Kong Airport""
- "Hong Kong's International Airport"
- "CHEK LAP KOK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, HONG KONG"
- "Chek Lap Kok Airport"
- "WElcome To Hong Kong"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chek Lap Kok
- Hotels in Chek Lap Kok
- Transportation in Chek Lap Kok
- Restaurants in Chek Lap Kok
- Shopping in Chek Lap Kok
- Warnings and Dangers in Chek Lap Kok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chek Lap Kok
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Chek Lap Kok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chek Lap Kok
- Commented on one of ukirsari's Chek Lap Kok travel pages
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Do you have a travel mascot..."
- updated a Chek Lap Kok Travel Page ">> visit the beautiful pinky dolphins "
- Wrote a Review cable car at lantau island in Chek Lap Kok Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "tsing ma bridge"
Photos in Chek Lap KokSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jakarta Intro, 90 reviews, 93 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 54 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tengger Caldera Intro, 40 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indonesia Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 50 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Lombok Intro, 46 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Simla Intro, 45 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogor Intro, 23 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Banten Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 41 reviews, 44 photos