".... indefinitely long continuing journey ...." ukirsari's Profile

picturing myself in a serene evening of old wardour castle, a morning breeze whilst stand up by the edge of beachy head or walking on a small alley of mestizo district in vigan. then in other time I find me swimming side by side with a charm gigantic creatures so called whale sharks. I am alive. je suis en vie. I can be anywhere in every single minute of my life. and with my beloved ones. in the name of travel itself.

in anywhere: I mingle or dissolving myself in discovering. and rediscovering new things just like found old things to be remembered and to be visiting over again.
it's about life, about memories and countless beautiful moments.

pace of life can be faster or slowly down, depend on ourselves. but memories, paths and lines stay lingers. as life itself. I had been decade on VT. and I have my thought--amongst the new gadgets, another social medias and many more--I would like to keep my pages here. for the old beautiful friendships we'd shared, for sharing experiences and all the nice things that too many to be mentioned.
all will always be special for me.

All pictures in my main page and all pages are taken by myself. DO NOT USE THESE MATERIAL AND OR PICTURES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION. STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Thank you very much.

about us

as time passes, just like days and nights .... I found myself growing up "on the roads". I cherish all my experiences during travels, absorbing the good things from everyone I meet on travel and stay positive.

I thanked and appreciated my beloved parents: mum and dad in Heaven, who take me to see the world since my early stage and their likeness to travel, discovery and rediscovery places will stay forever in me.

before beloved N came into my life, I was a solo traveller and pretty happy to engaged myself during all my trips. but the term had changed quite a bit since we're together. we go travels as couple and in the meantime I am still doing solo whenever he's busy at work and the opposite.

since the last ten years I live in two worlds that separated half globe away: indonesia archipelago and england, UK. happy to be here of two and it's enriches our experiences as the nomads. we just find and discover new things are scattered in our "backyards". therefore we'll stay as travellers.

LONG JOURNEY DAY'S INTO NIGHT

by Eugene O'Neill (1888 – 1953)

I was set free! I dissolved in the sea, became white sails and flying spray, became beauty and rhytm, became moonlight and the ship and the high dim-starred sky! I belonged, without past or future, within peace and unity and a wild joy, within something greater than my own life, or the life of man, to LIFE itself!

VT meetings

one remarkable thing I had got from VT is the friendship through attending VT meetings. there were many faraway friends who turn into dearly ones after I had met in person and I would like to thank them for the bonding, especially with the "barkada" (gang of friends) every time I landed in manila at the countless time.

VT members I had met in jakarta, manila, perth and fremantle, new delhi and shimla, singapore and kuala lumpur, bangkok and rangoon:

sharon (cheekychic), mason (masonwong), andrew KL, audrey (audrey118), andrew (dreks), anna (willy_wonka), andy (and_juana), alex in Spore, paul (goldenboy), ica (icamarica), peter (loisl), frank (belgianchoco), frederik (b-free), corra (xaver), isa (i-s-a), aida (asianbelle), morii (o00o), nina (monina_c), yen (yen2), emie (edachsund), deepa (winddancer99), aimee (moonlighting), joko (djokodnet), bambang (biawak), zinzin (zin), ei (eithwe), clive (mrdreameruk), axel (kozzmozz), esmeralda (wenasje), heidi (jjasmine), animesh (inamesh), lily (lmc2626), judith (juds), yen (yen), hanna (tabatha), larissa (kunchik), imran (machunian), happy (h4ppy), didi (beachbum), norbu (nurboo_mechick), leo (leonik), arnaud (eagleeye) and last but not the least: baton_east (thanks for the bearers and jim35). and the newest .... diella (rinjani) for a cuppa in big durian!

a flag bearer ;)

I just accepted VT goodies consisted of flipflop, flag, sunglasses, bag and mini dictionary as I won weekly quiz where I guessed Tamansari water palace in Yogyakarta. love all of them but mostly the flag since can take picture anywhere with this gorgeous stuff :)
thank you VT, matur nuwun, molte grazie, maraming salamat, dobroe spasibo, arigato!

• Intro Updated Jun 11, 2014

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2014 at 6:08 AM

hope the cold is not to cold for you, after the tropics ;-))) but you're the traveller who has adapted to all climes !

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

• loisl's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2014 at 11:48 PM

Happy Birthday, Ari!!!!!

Jun 10, 2014 at 7:55 AM

peter!!! thank you so much. have a nice day and lots of travel! big hugs :)

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

Jun 10, 2014 at 8:00 AM

maynard, thank you so much! yes, got a nice birthday treat with cocktail just like appears on your profile picture! have a nice day in there :)

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Happy Birthday Arie ! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Jun 10, 2014 at 8:06 AM

laurie! thank you, so much! got a fab day and having greetings and wishes from VT friends make me so blue. once again, thanks ... have a nice day in there :)

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
      Jun 12, 2014 at 10:58 AM

You're welcome:)

• Sienlu's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Happy Birthday, hope you have a wonderful day

Jun 10, 2014 at 7:57 AM

dear barbara, thank you so much! have a nice day and ps: love your profile picture very much :)

• alza's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Hello Arie, Bon anniversaire! May your day be filled with wonder and friendship!

You have inspired me again... first your O'Neill quote from Long Day's Journey into Night "I belonged ... to LIFE itself!" I must read that masterpiece.
    Then, Avebury henge...Wiltshire ahhh! I visited this beautiful county in May, it's on my mind every day. Romantic and dreamy plains landscape!
    Thank you. Very best wishes to you!

• alza's Profile Photo
      Jun 10, 2014 at 8:25 AM

It was a real pleasure, Arie! I got "Gene" O'Neill's book at the library yesterday and can't wait to read it. All the best!

Jun 10, 2014 at 8:39 AM

oh, cool! you'll be wowed after read it. I'll not spoil *promise* hahaha. have a great reading mr o'neill's, lou. all the best :)

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2014 at 6:06 AM

Happy Birthday Arie, have a nice day! :-)

Jun 10, 2014 at 7:49 AM

hi darja, thank you so much for my birthday wish. it's lovely day, hoping yours too :)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Happy birthday dear Arie :-)))

• Trekki's Profile Photo
      Jun 10, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Oh my dear Arie, not a problem at all - you are so busy and .... should have other things to do on your birthday than checking VT :-))
      Miss you too - and .... I should come to London again soon!!

Jun 10, 2014 at 8:05 AM

hahhaa, but ingrid, to check our VT is fun, and these greetings and wishes are indeed nice presents for me :) yes, I am quite busy as living in london and jakarta, so travel continuously ... whenever it's getting cold, we fly to the east, whenever warm in the north, we fly the opposite direction. sure, you should fly to london!!!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
ukirsari's Profile Photo

ukirsari

“life is a neverending journey @ukirsariabroad ”

Real Name