"The Onsen city on the Beach" Atami by handsoum
Atami Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 106 photos
In many ways, Atami is to Tokyoites what Dauville is to Parisians or the Hamptons to New Yorkers. It's a beautiful little holliday retreat hardly an hour away from the Ginza central station. With its avenue bordered with palm trees and it's easy-going pace of life, it will relax ou after the stress of Tokyo.
It also hosts famous Onsen (Japanese spring baths) and is ideal for a short thermal cure.
The few cafés and restaurants along the Beach promenade are a welcome entertainment in the evening.
- Pros:Onsen, Relaxing, Near Tokyo
- Cons:Not many
- In a nutshell:'The Naples of the Orient'
handsoum's Related Pages
Atami Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Atami, the Old fashioned hot spa resort in Japan"
- "Atami 2013"
- "Living off past glory"
- "Small City by the Ocean"
- "The Onsen city on the Beach"
- "A relaxing seaside resort town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Atami
- Hotels in Atami
- Transportation in Atami
- Restaurants in Atami
- Shopping in Atami
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Atami
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Atami?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Atami
Top 10 Pages
- Monaco Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Egypt Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Liège 1 review, 4 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Atami Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Singapore 1 review, 1 photo
- Lithuania 1 review, 1 photo
- Nice 1 review, 1 photo