"Wind Cave Natl Park - The long and winding cave." Wind Cave National Park by paulscuba
Wind Cave National Park Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 73 photos
My fiancee and I stopped at Wind Cave and the nearby Jewel Cave, Custer State Park on our way back from Yellowstone. Each park has it's own charm so if you have time visit them all.
The neat thing about the two cave parks is that they are the 2nd or 3rd and 6th longest caves in the world. Both caves have over 100 miles of explored paths and they estimate using atmospheric pressure that in both cases they've only explored approx 5% of each cave.
Wish we had more pictures but by this point in the trip I was getting pictured out. Plus I don't care much to lug a heavy camera in the caves. However I've seen the light and can see a need for a point and shoot or digital camera.
- Pros:Plenty of wildlife, and good cave tours
- Cons:Can be very hot.
Wind Cave has several short trails to view the park. The Cold Brook Canyon Trail is recommended for birding but most of... more travel advice
This campground is the standard National Park type with bathrooms but no showers. If you would like to camp but would... more travel advice
paulscuba's Related Pages
Wind Cave National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Wind Cave National Park Page"
- "Unique wonders above and below ground"
- "Almost a Boutique of a National Park"
- "Wind Cave Natl Park - The long and winding cave."
- "Wind Cave National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wind Cave National Park
- Hotels in Wind Cave National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Wind Cave National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wind Cave National Park
- 10 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Wind Cave National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wind Cave National Park
Photos in Wind Cave National ParkSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Point Reyes Station Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Wind Cave National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Badlands National Park Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Murfreesboro Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Belize Intro, 5 reviews
- Seward 5 reviews
No friends yet.