Chiricahua National Monument Things to Do Tips by paulscuba Top 5 Page for this destination
Chiricahua National Monument Things to Do: 49 reviews and 90 photos
A view from the trail showing all the erosion
Near the end of the drive through the park there are a couple of locations where hikes can begin. We did Echo Canyon to Heart of Rocks loop and then returned. This requires you to go on Ed Riggs trail, past Mushroom rock and to the Heart of Rocks Loop. There is also a trail that runs to Heart of Rocks and then down to the visitor center. THe best way to do that option is to take the morning shuttle up to the top and leave your car at the visitor center.
The Heart of Rocks Loop is the signature trail. It is not an easy trail to hike. Lots of up/down and awkward to hike sections. The trail in and the view once your are inside the loop is well worth the hard work.
Sights to be seen. Camel Rock, Punch and Judy, Balanced Rock, Duck on a Rock, The old Lady and several more. You can create some on your own with a little imagination.
There are a variety of trails to hike. There are 4 trails near the campground and the stream in the flatter portion of the park that allow dogs. Do not let the dogs off leash especially if they are small dogs since there are predators and Javalinas that could attack and hurt your dog.
More Reviews (4)
paulscuba's Related Pages
Chiricahua National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Beautiful Chiricahuas"
- "The Great Escape: Chiricahua National Monument"
- "Chiricahua National Monument"
- ""Wonderland of Rocks""
- "Islands in the Sky"
- "Chiricahua National Monument - AZ - USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chiricahua National Monument
- Hotels in Chiricahua National Monument
- Transportation in Chiricahua National Monument
- Restaurants in Chiricahua National Monument
- Shopping in Chiricahua National Monument
- Warnings and Dangers in Chiricahua National Monument
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hilo Hotels
- Montréal-Est Hotels
- Tayside Hotels
- Hawks Nest Beach Hotels
Badges & Stats in Chiricahua National Monument
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Chiricahua National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chiricahua National Monument
Photos in Chiricahua National MonumentSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Point Reyes Station Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Wind Cave National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos
- Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Badlands National Park Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Murfreesboro Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Belize Intro, 5 reviews
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
No friends yet.