"There is no place like...Lincoln!" Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln by fraise
Lincoln Travel Guide: 85 reviews and 189 photos
This is the town of my birth. Unfortunately the hospital where I was born is now an old folks home, but in a strange way, I guess there is some kind of symmetry to all that. At first glance the town seems charming--and for the most part, it is...if you don't stay too long.
Never mess with the locals, though. This is also the birth (and death) place of infamous spree-killer Charles Starkweather. In case you're interested, his grave is located in Wyuka Cemetery near 40th & O Street. Just stop by the office, and they'll tell you where to find his burial site.
perhaps he'd have created this image. but he didn't, so I did.
- Pros:the air is fresh and clean, and traffic is scarce
- Cons:after all is said and done, it's still Lincoln.
- In a nutshell:"...ya-a-a-a-a-awn."
People watching can really keep you busy if you're the sedentary type. But beware what could happen if you happen to... more travel advice
My Cousin Bev's Place (but she moved to Vegas, too). For me, it was free. But then, that's the beauty of piling in on... more travel advice
fraise's Related Pages
Lincoln Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lincoln, Nebraska"
- "Lincoln's Hot Spot"
- "There is no place like...Lincoln!"
- "Willa Cather's Alma Mater"
- "Lincoln - small city or a big small town?"
- "Welcome to Lincoln! ENJOY!"
- "Lincoln, Nebraska... Music and More"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lincoln
- Hotels in Lincoln
- Transportation in Lincoln
- Nightlife in Lincoln
- Restaurants in Lincoln
- Shopping in Lincoln
- Warnings and Dangers in Lincoln
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lincoln
- 10 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Lincoln?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lincoln
Photos in LincolnSee All Photos (8)
- Hiawatha Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.