"The Village of Kahakuloa" Kahakuloa by BlueCollar
Kahakuloa Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 7 photos
The small village of Kahakuloa has no big tourist attractions. It does, however, have one good thing in its favor. There is a roadside stand here that sells banana bread. That may not sound like much to the inexperienced. But to the well-read individual who now knows, this is the destination of choice. Let me explain.
If you have not noticed by now, I whole-heartedly believe that the guidebook called Maui Revealed is the best reference for any person traveling this island. And in this book, the author states that the best banana bread on the planet can be had in this little town at this particular roadside stand. So we, like everyone else who has read this book, had to indulge and try it for ourselves.
While we waited in line (yes, there was a line of 2), we noticed that they had a copy of Maui Revealed with the author’s comments about this place quoted on a placard. When we made our purchase, we asked how business has been since being mentioned so nicely in the book. The proprietor smiled and said, “Great!” She went on to say that they do not even know the authors since they have never revealed themselves. All they know is that business is good and getting better. We wished them luck and headed down the road.
Well, the banana bread was good! I’m not sure if it is the best on the planet but it was very moist and tasty. So if you decide to venture out here while following the directions in the book, be sure to stop here and patronize this tiny establishment. You will feel proud that you helped make a very small business, over-shadowed by the much bigger companies on other parts of the island, just a little larger.
The road is very narrow here. As you an see, it is nothing more than a single lane. So be mindful of on-coming traffic.
There are just a few more pictures of the surrounding area in the Travelogue below.
BlueCollar's Related Pages
Kahakuloa Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kahakuloa
- 0 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Kahakuloa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kahakuloa
Photos in KahakuloaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 72 reviews, 294 photos, 4 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 20 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 18 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hana Intro, 9 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Molokai Intro, 8 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- California Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Waipio Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alaska Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haleakala National Park Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues