"Welcome to Tagaytay" Batangas City by mlt_t
Batangas City Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 128 photos
Taal Volcano is reputed to be the worlds smallest and yet most active. It stands on its own island amid a landscape of ash and cinder.
Tagaytay, considered as the country's second summer capital because of its crisp and cool climate all year around, is a treasure box of pleasure points in by itself. At nightfall, one sees the lake sparkle with the pinpoint lights of fishing boats. It is a perfect picnic spot. Here, the Department of Tourism (DOT) and the Philippine Tourism Authority built Picnic Groove, a public park in the city, which generates public patronage through user fees, and the sale of low priced goods, thus contributing to the industrial growth of Tagaytay.
Tagaytay, however, is more than a picnic haunt. The place has given rise to many congregational houses and retreat centers. It is also conductive to spiritual meditation, that is earned yet another title for being the "Center of Spiritual Retreat."
Thus, the masterpiece of nature that is Tagaytay is a not to be missed item in a tourist itinerary. It should always include a visit to the Volcano Island, and its enumerable side spots.
Tagaytay City, located 2,500 feet above sea level enjoys a cool and invigorating climate characterized by a relatively low temperature, low humidity, and abundant rainfall. Average temperature is 22.7 degrees Celsius. For this reason, Tagaytay with its cool weather, balmy winds and foggy mists is called the "second summer capital" of the country after Baguio City.
- Pros:the place...the weather...the surrounding!!!
- Cons:the traffic your going to experience before seeing this great place!!!
- In a nutshell:I don't know the exact location of this place BATANGAS or CAVITE but I put it here in Batangas... since I know it's really in Batangas!
Don Leon Apacible was a co-signer of the First Philippine Constitution more travel advice
Taal Heritage A restored ancestral house, Casa Punzalan is the first tourist inn in the centuries-old town of Taal. more travel advice
mlt_t's Related Pages
Batangas City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Tagaytay"
- "Ahoy! Batangas City!"
- "Batangas Beach"
- "White Cove Resort"
- "Taal Volcano & Lake Taal"
- "diawa beach resort lobo batangas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Batangas City
- Hotels in Batangas City
- Transportation in Batangas City
- Restaurants in Batangas City
- Shopping in Batangas City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Batangas City
- 14 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Batangas City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Batangas City
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 63 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 47 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baguio City Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 34 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Subic Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boracay Island Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Mindoro Oriental Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaminos Intro, 23 reviews, 21 photos
- Bagac Intro, 8 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Olongapo City Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos