"VIGAN...antiques...calesas...spanish old houses..." Vigan by mlt_t
Vigan Travel Guide: 417 reviews and 1,221 photos
Last January 19- 21, 2004, my hubby and his friends traveled going to San Vicente, Nueva Vizcaya… last port of North Luzon. They’d stop-by at Vigan- Laoag going home and take some picture taking for souvenir of there tour …
Vigan is one of the country's prime tourist attractions; the accommodation in Vigan is limited to mid-range hotels, which vary considerably in quality. Hotels include Villa Angela, a converted mansion, Garden Inn, El Juliana, Cordillera Inn and Vigan. Inspect before checking in.
Cafe Leona is the most interesting restaurant in town and features local favorites such as bag net (deep fried pork belly), the famous longanisa (delicious sausage) and morcon (a type of meatloaf). The empanadas (pastries filled with vegetables, prawns and meat) near Plaza Burgos are very popular. Andy?s and Giacomino?s are located on the main street, together with the usual fast food giants.
Driving around Vigan can be an unpleasant experience, as the streets are narrow and choked with traffic. Many streets are one way in the city center and profusion of tricycles does not enhance the traffic flow or the atmosphere. The best historical Spanish houses are located in Crisologo Street, which is now closed to traffic.
Calesas (horse drawn carriages) are common in the towns, but are generally not a major obstacle.
- Pros:looking bad at old times...
- Cons:traffic and lot of one way...
- In a nutshell:lots of antique shop and stuff...
mlt_t's Related Pages
Vigan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "vigan if i can ..."
- "Vigan - that "Spanish" feel.."
- " Nostalgia at VIGAN"
- "Back to the 16th century Ilocos"
- "The oldest city north of the Philippines"
- "The Heritage City of Vigan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vigan
- Hotels in Vigan
- Transportation in Vigan
- Nightlife in Vigan
- Restaurants in Vigan
- Shopping in Vigan
- Warnings and Dangers in Vigan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vigan
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Vigan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vigan
- Posted in Travel Baguio City Forum "Re: 100/day"
- updated a Vigan Travel Page "VIGAN...antiques...calesas...spanish old houses..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "VIGAN...antiques...calesas...spanish old houses..."
- Wrote a Review Old Spanish Houses...in Vigan Road in Vigan Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 63 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 47 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baguio City Intro, 27 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 34 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Subic Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boracay Island Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Mindoro Oriental Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alaminos Intro, 23 reviews, 21 photos
- Bagac Intro, 8 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Olongapo City Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos