"jedd43's new Seminole Page" Seminole by jedd43
Seminole Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 67 photos
Seminole is located 50 miles east of Oklahoma City and 9 miles south of Interstate 40. The city and county of Seminole were named after the Seminole Indian Tribe. The Seminoles were originally a part of the Creek Indian Nation. Most Creeks were moved from Alabama to Oklahoma in 1842. The Creek word Seminole means stray people.
In 1926 one of the greatest pools of oil in history was tapped here and overnight Seminole was transformed into a boom town. The oil brought literally thousands of people to Seminole. At the height of the boom, more than 100,000 people received mail here.
Visit the Jasmine Moran Foundation CHILDREN'S MUSEUM!!! It is a wonderful place for children to explore...hands... more travel advice
Polo's Mexican Restaurant This building used to be the local freight depot. With the exception of Chicago, it did more... more travel advice
jedd43's Related Pages
Seminole Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "jedd43's new Seminole Page"
- "Attending--now teaching for Seminole State College"
- "Basaic Seminole Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seminole
- Restaurants in Seminole
- Warnings and Dangers in Seminole
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seminole
- 12 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Seminole?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seminole
Top 10 Pages
- Tucson Intro, 60 reviews, 234 photos, 9 travelogues
- Oklahoma City Intro, 26 reviews, 116 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seminole Intro, 12 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Halifax Intro, 22 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oklahoma Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Arizona Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seattle Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Shawnee Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Wewoka Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Burlington Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos