"Kai's Rapid City/Black Hills Page" Rapid City by KaiM
Rapid City Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 93 photos
The holy mountains of the Lakota Indians. The Black Hills earned their name because of the hills covered by trees. From a distance the trees look quite dark, even black. Rapid City (a town of maybe 70,000) is the entrance to the Black Hills. A great area for outdoor activities like fishing, hunting, hiking. During summertime thousands of bikers pass by the Black Hills to go to Sturgis for the worlds-largest biker meeting. Custer State Park in the hills has one of the worlds-largest bison herds. Some members are shown on the pictures above.
Mt.Rushmore is the No. 1 attraction of the region. The stone heads of George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt... more travel advice
Buffaloes and prairie dogs on top and gorgeous caves with stalactites below ground level - that´s Wind Cave National... more travel advice
KaiM's Related Pages
Rapid City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tourist town! And fun"
- "The Hub of the Black Hills"
- "The Start of the Northwest"
- "Basaic Rapid City Page"
- "Beautiful Landscape"
- "Black Hills 2005"
- "Rapid City - great vacations with kids"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rapid City
- Hotels in Rapid City
- Nightlife in Rapid City
- Restaurants in Rapid City
- Shopping in Rapid City
- Warnings and Dangers in Rapid City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rapid City
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Rapid City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rapid City
Photos in Rapid CitySee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos
- Wyoming Intro, 20 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jackson Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cincinnati Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Sequoia National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Colorado Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Indianapolis Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos