"Hallo, wella, shalom, salut, tach, hoi & hello.." T-H's Profile
I was born 1973 in switzerland (CH). I grew up here and became established (a "paper-swiss") at the age of seven.
I'm a mixture of my austrian father and my mother from northern Germany. mountains & flatland.
My parent met in Hamburg, Germany. Both went to a netherland language course, cause they both wanted to live there, but they never did. As my father was the first time in Z?rich, he thought: "here you can live."
So they settled down here.
An ancestry of my austrian past owned once a gold mine. The emperor wanted more taxes from him (%), but he didn't wanted to. So he took the emperor to court, and... he won.
Also a hill in Austria, near where my relatives live, has our name. But we are not sure if that has something got to do with our family.
My german past is going back to the old Teutons. My ancestry were robber barons, what I can feel sometimes. I just began throwing rune stones, which was practiced (not only) by the shamans of the celtic culture.
My grandfather was working in WW II at a secret project. He coordinated and builded one-man submarines. It was secret, because the submarines were just specified for one way. No turning back for the soldiers. That was at the end of the war. "Fortunately" this one little project didn't get finnished.
I've got a half aunt (my mom a half sister), but nobody knows her. We had to contact him and REALLY nobody wanted that. My grandfather left my grandmom and my mom and two aunts. He went to the DDR. Sounds strange, but there he got a good position again. My grandmom died as my mom was eighteen. Grandma had to work on the field very hard for her three children, so she died early (age of 42...). Once my mom got a birthday present from a relative, with chocolate in it (very rare after the war!), but they sent it to my grandfather, cause they just knew his adress. He had the barefacedness to eat the best parts out and he sent it to my mom with a letter, ending with "in love, your father". So, you see, he's a real a.......
Sometimes this dark chapter "helps" me out. If I meet a really convinced nationalist, I listen to him and then I tell him this story. Then he is really quickly quiet.
We also had relatives in the DDR (old east Germany). As the wall began to fall, the way was open through Hungary, my parents told our relatives, they should all leave behind and come here. At that time nobody knew, wether the wall really falls or if it closes again. So they lived first at my parents home and then my parents payed 'em an appartment in south Germany, until they found work.
So, I'm a mixture of robber barons and a gold mine owner. Not bad, I guess...
Therefore I also began throwing rune-stones...
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 27 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- T-H and Enzo are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Hallo, wella, shalom, salut, tach, hoi & hello.."
- Wrote a Review Gold Panning in Jarabacoa Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gold Panning"
- Posted in Travel Jamaica Forum "Re: rent an appartement"
- updated a Torino Travel Page "Torino"
- Commented on Katmosphere's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pamukkale Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Colorado Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich 3 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rapperswil Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jarabacoa 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Antalya 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Norway Intro, 3 reviews
- Oslo 2 reviews
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos