"The beautifull island!" Île aux Coudres by Deus_ultima
Île aux Coudres Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 68 photos
"Comming to get a bit of fresh air?" said the old man on the porch as we passed him on our rented bikes. Even if we are led to believe that "progress" and homogenisation (or americanisation?) has polluted the whole world, there are places like this little island that, even with tons of tourists comming everyday with the ferry, keep their pride and identity. When you ride (don't tell me you would drive??) around the island, you can see houses and monuments that have well passed the test of time. A beautifull light house, the crosses and chapels all over the island, serving as sanctuaries for the sailors of days past. The air filled with the smell of salted water while you see little fisherman boats ringing in the catch. Everything of his island is magic and I really do recommend seing it..even more than Orleans Island!
- Pros:The beauty of the nature, the fresh air, the people.
- Cons:Go trought all of it..but don't stay a night.
- In a nutshell:An experience..
Don't go around driving like a ,uppet on a rally race!! RENT A BIKE!!! They are very cheap and..thought they are not... more travel advice
Deus_ultima's Related Pages
Île aux Coudres Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hop on your bike and discover l'Ile-aux-Coudres!"
- "Tour de Lisle aux Coudres"
- "The beautifull island!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Île aux Coudres
- Hotels in Île aux Coudres
- Transportation in Île aux Coudres
- Restaurants in Île aux Coudres
- Shopping in Île aux Coudres
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Île aux Coudres
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Île aux Coudres?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Île aux Coudres
Photos in Île aux CoudresSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Quebec Intro, 69 reviews, 64 photos
- Montreal Intro, 65 reviews, 57 photos
- Kingston Intro, 35 reviews, 34 photos
- Ottawa Intro, 32 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Prague Intro, 24 reviews, 17 photos
- Eindhoven Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Magog Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos