"Palestine - My Home For Four Years " Top 5 Page for this destination Palestine by Laurina
Palestine Travel Guide: 442 reviews and 1,529 photos
Eyewitness accounts from friends in Ramallah:
<a href="http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/18236/">Breaking the Fear - June 29</font></a>
<a href="http://www.virtualtourist.com/.184601/article/204/7/">The Invasion of My Hometown - March 15</b></font></a> </B></center>
<center><hr size=1 width=65%></center>
They are destroying the town I lived in for three years... <BR>
But once a upon time it was a lively and thriving city...<BR>
I lived in Ramallah for three years and in Jerusalem for one year. I lived amongst Palestinians and all of them, 3 million, call their home Palestine, and so do I! Hopefully, one day "Palestine" will be official, just as "Israel" is today.<BR>
I often visited Israel, but most of the time I spent in the West Bank. Having no car or freedom of movement due to the recent intifada also made it difficult to travel to Israel. Not to mention the checkpoints...<BR>
I will add more information as time goes by about all the neat little things about Palestine. I can't avoid touching upon the political situation, but I also want to show you all what it was like to live in and travel around Palestine, including the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem (the Arab sector of Jerusalem), and I'll also talk about my excursions to Israel proper.<BR>
The picture above was taken by my friend Joan who visited Deir al-Sudan a small village near Ramallah. These girls are on their way to school. This was taken a couple of years ago. In villages you will see even young girls with veils, but most of the time it's just as normal to them as it is wearing jeans to westerners (and they also wear jeans of course!). In Ramallah though many women walk around in western attire without the veil.<BR>
Of course, most of the things I talk about are pretty much a no-go these days. But perhaps if you're planning a trip to this wonderful little country in a couple of years...<BR>
- Pros:Palestinian hospitality
- Cons:Difficult to move around due to the Israeli-imposed closures and curfews
- In a nutshell:A tragic but wondrous place...
Palestinians love their flag. (Who doesn't?) During the first Intifada they were banned from waving or showing it, so... more travel advice
Drive past a date palm plantation in the Jordan Valley. Desert landscape and palm trees and the moon rising over Jordan... more travel advice
Laurina's Related Pages
Palestine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "freya_heaven's Palestine Page"
- "A Glimpse of Palestine"
- "Palestine - My Home For Four Years "
- "The Wall: Partition or Apartheid?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palestine
- Hotels in Palestine
- Transportation in Palestine
- Nightlife in Palestine
- Restaurants in Palestine
- Shopping in Palestine
- Warnings and Dangers in Palestine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palestine
- 13 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Palestine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palestine
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palestine Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reggio di Calabria Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lahore Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Pakistan Intro, 15 photos, 4 travelogues
- Islamabad Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Morocco Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Nepal Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maldives Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue