"Palestine - My Home For Four Years " Top 5 Page for this destination Palestine by Laurina

Palestine Travel Guide: 460 reviews and 1,602 photos

PALESTINE UPDATE
Eyewitness accounts from friends in Ramallah:

<a href="http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/18236/">Breaking the Fear - June 29</font></a>

<a href="http://www.virtualtourist.com/.184601/article/204/7/">The Invasion of My Hometown - March 15</b></font></a> </B></center>
<center><hr size=1 width=65%></center>

They are destroying the town I lived in for three years... <BR>

But once a upon time it was a lively and thriving city...<BR>

I lived in Ramallah for three years and in Jerusalem for one year. I lived amongst Palestinians and all of them, 3 million, call their home Palestine, and so do I! Hopefully, one day "Palestine" will be official, just as "Israel" is today.<BR>

I often visited Israel, but most of the time I spent in the West Bank. Having no car or freedom of movement due to the recent intifada also made it difficult to travel to Israel. Not to mention the checkpoints...<BR>

I will add more information as time goes by about all the neat little things about Palestine. I can't avoid touching upon the political situation, but I also want to show you all what it was like to live in and travel around Palestine, including the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem (the Arab sector of Jerusalem), and I'll also talk about my excursions to Israel proper.<BR>

The picture above was taken by my friend Joan who visited Deir al-Sudan a small village near Ramallah. These girls are on their way to school. This was taken a couple of years ago. In villages you will see even young girls with veils, but most of the time it's just as normal to them as it is wearing jeans to westerners (and they also wear jeans of course!). In Ramallah though many women walk around in western attire without the veil.<BR>

Of course, most of the things I talk about are pretty much a no-go these days. But perhaps if you're planning a trip to this wonderful little country in a couple of years...<BR>

Enjoy!

• Pros:Palestinian hospitality
  • Cons:Difficult to move around due to the Israeli-imposed closures and curfews
  • In a nutshell:A tragic but wondrous place...
  • Last visit to Palestine: Sep 2001
  • Intro Updated Jun 26, 2004

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Thanks for sharing your experience in Palestine. It is very educational.

• mfas2000's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2008 at 12:41 AM

visit my newly formed Palestine page..regds

• rob12c's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2008 at 2:53 AM

hey loved your tips. really makes me want to visit palestine which i hope to do some day.

• JohnniOmani's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2008 at 7:41 PM

Amazing you certainly understand the people. I too lived in a tiny village in the Middle East (Oman for 3 yrs) and my experiences are unforgettable. Lovely people. Jz

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2007 at 9:20 PM

You sure have lived in some very interesting places. May there be peace in Palestine one day. Happy Birthday and Happy New Year from Finland!

• mikarov99's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2006 at 11:41 PM

Very intersting, i hope one day Palestine can find the peace. Salam Falesteen

• RoRo83's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2006 at 7:12 PM

I really admire you, keep up the good work!

• Whoopi's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2006 at 10:52 AM

Great page - you captured the spirit of Palestine and the positivness you find in all the suffering. Good job!

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2006 at 8:45 AM

thanks for sharing your experience in Palestine w/ us here :)

• Noor1203's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2005 at 10:20 AM

Salam 3aliki, mauqa3 mumtaza! atamanna an aqam fi fales6een keman.. it must be a moving experience. Thanks for sharing.

Laurina

“Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”

Badges & Stats in Palestine

Have you been to Palestine?

Latest Activity in Palestine