"La Bella Calabria!" Top 5 Page for this destination Reggio di Calabria by Laurina

Reggio di Calabria Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 100 photos

Boats in Canitello with Sicily in the background...

Don't miss out on this beautiful but underdeveloped (tourist-wise) region of Italy. If you're on your way to Sicily, especially by train, you can easily hop off at Villa San Giovanni (my home-town, ahhh, what a joy) and take the train to Reggio Calabria. Get off at the Lido station and you will find yourself on the Via Marina.

I've only started to appreciate the beauty of southern Italy within the last couple of years...southern Italians are a lovable breed of their own :)

I hope to add more pictures and good tips for you to use on your stop-over in Calabria!

Look for future images and tips on:
-Scilla
-Chianalea
-and the delicacies of Calabria

In the meantime check out my travelogue for more pictures.

• Intro Written Sep 11, 2002

• alza's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Inspiring page, thanks Laurina. I land here on way to Rome soon, should have stopped for a few days. Maybe I can change my ticket... Would love Scilla :) Take care, all the best!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2007 at 11:11 AM

Thinking of heading here later in the year - thank you for the useful tips

• Feb 15, 2007 at 3:10 PM

I work for a large travel company and am going to be in Sicily the end of March. My grandparents were born in Canitello. I am taking the train from Palermo to Calabria.. is the stop there on the way?

• ormea's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2006 at 6:59 AM

Going to calabria I know this place will have the spirit I am missing and knew when I was studying Italian, you have captured the right feeling coz its from the heart I shall post when I am done, looking forward to my form of capture capturing you!

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2005 at 7:18 AM

Nice little page. Your the only one who mentions the Greek bronze statues of Riace. They are regarded as true masterpeices of art.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2004 at 9:59 PM

Your work is wonderful. It's informative, personal, emotional, enthusiastic, and honest. Is the Scilla that you speak of the same as Scilla in The Odyssey? Another place in Italy for me to visit. Ah, yes!

• Sep 9, 2003 at 8:33 AM

So touching! I love the style of your writing

• ChuckG's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2003 at 9:19 PM

Great intro, great pictures, what more can I say...

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2003 at 11:12 AM

You have some fantastic photos!!! Reggio di Calabria looks so beautiful!!

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2003 at 3:00 AM

Beautiful photography, especially like the sunset shot, great tips and information. Thank you.

Laurina

“Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”

Badges & Stats in Reggio di Calabria

Have you been to Reggio di Calabria?

Latest Activity in Reggio di Calabria