"Ancient Civilization and Bhutto Country" Moenjo Daro by Laurina
Moenjo Daro Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 8 photos
I spent two full days in Larkana, which is a 30 min. drive from the ruins of Moenjo Daro. Since I arrived in Pakistan it was always my dream to visit the ruins of one of the most important sites, together with Harappa, of the ancient Indus Valley Civilization - the first in the world to develop a viable irrigation system some 5000 years ago! Amazing...I remember the moon shining down on the Indus River tributaries, the billboards plastered with images of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto and his daughter, Benazir (Larkana is their hometown...) rice chapati (yum!) buffalo with white herons on their heads wading through rivers of lilac...driving from Larkana to Sukkur b/c my flight was cancelled - a race against time for our government driver to arrive there and return before sunset...which is when the robbers and clans hit the roads to steal and fight out their tribal rivalries....
- Pros:Off the beaten track for sure-the ruins of M. Daro...
- Cons:No facilities for tourists - so it helps to be an honored guest of the government
- In a nutshell:Worth a visit - 1 hour flight from Karachi
Laurina's Related Pages
Moenjo Daro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ancient Civilization and Bhutto Country"
- "Pictures of Moenjo Daro"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moenjo Daro
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Moenjo Daro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moenjo Daro
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palestine Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reggio di Calabria Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lahore Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Pakistan Intro, 15 photos, 4 travelogues
- Islamabad Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Morocco Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Nepal Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maldives Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue