"Ajka - town of parks" Ajka by ostia
Ajka Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 21 photos
Ajka is a small town (appr. 35.000 inhabitants) north of lake Balaton in Hungary. It has no historical inner town as it is an 'artifical' settlement. Economy was mainly based on mining some brown coal, bauxit and there was a huge power plant. These days heavy industry has removed the town. During the communist times leaders wanted to substitute the historical, 'livable' downtown by nice parks. It successed! The center is an enourmous green area with some 'soc-real' buildings.
- Pros:Parks, parks, parks!
- Cons:Nothing else...
- In a nutshell:Town of parks
ostia's Related Pages
Ajka Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ajka
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ajka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ajka
Photos in AjkaSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 64 reviews, 146 photos, 4 travelogues
- Zagreb Intro, 34 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osijek Intro, 40 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Split Intro, 28 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sopron Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Deventer Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Otocic Osljak Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Palic Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue