"Sa'rospatak: fort, wine, river" Sarospatak by ostia
Sarospatak Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 33 photos
Under the whole city there is huge labirinth - mainly it was used for storing wine. Sarospatak is part of famous Tokaj wine region.
The Rakoczi family was the landowner for centuries having leading role in Hungary's history. In the 18. century Ferenc Rakoczi the second organized a some years long rebellion against the Habsburgs.
These days one French company owns some of the cellars under the fort organizing wine-tasting tours!
- Pros:Fort, wine, river! Lovely town.
This beautiful, secession-style (folkish) building gives home the College of Pedagogy. Nurses of kindergarten and... more travel advice
ostia's Related Pages
Sarospatak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sa'rospatak: fort, wine, river"
- "Sárospatak-charming town with a renassaince castle"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sarospatak
- 15 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Sarospatak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sarospatak
Photos in SarospatakSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 64 reviews, 146 photos, 4 travelogues
- Zagreb Intro, 34 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Osijek Intro, 40 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Split Intro, 28 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sopron Intro, 29 reviews, 66 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Deventer Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Otocic Osljak Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Palic Intro, 19 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue