Kenya Shopping Tips by call_me_rhia
Kenya Shopping: 36 reviews and 31 photos
the "legs" of a table
The handcraft cohoperative is the home of truly beautiful carved wooden objects. There are several cohoperatives in town - only one being state run. It's the one that sells carvings of much better quality than the others, and you can also see the artisans at work.
What to buy: The most beautiful things I saw were some little tables with carved elephants - and some really peculiar chairs in Lamu style: you can take them apart in two pieces so that they are easy to carry on the plane.
What to pay: Not too expensive, considering the quality. The price depends on your bargaining skills
Directions: about 2 kms from the old town in Malindi
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (27)
- See All Accommodation in Mombasa
- See All in Mombasa
- See All before the night...
- See All Mombasa
- See All the town of Voi
- See All wildlife and safaris
call_me_rhia's Related Pages
Kenya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jamhuri ya Kenya"
- "Mombasa & once around the National Parks"
- ""YOUR @SS is GRASS!:"
- "Working in Kenia"
- "AMBOSELI SAFARI!!"
- "KENYA, JAMBO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kenya
- Hotels in Kenya
- Transportation in Kenya
- Nightlife in Kenya
- Restaurants in Kenya
- Shopping in Kenya
- Warnings and Dangers in Kenya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kenya
- 86 Reviews
- 202 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Kenya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kenya
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 45 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 43 reviews, 95 photos, 9 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 33 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ladakh Range Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 39 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 39 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hue Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 47 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manama Intro, 33 reviews, 79 photos
- Doha Intro, 26 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues