Kenya Warnings Or Dangers Tips by call_me_rhia
Kenya Warnings and Dangers: 116 reviews and 77 photos
an eland's (?) carcass
See the carcass on the left? It was once an animal! AN eland, to be precise (thanks Bwana Brown). OK - it's not that you'll end up like this... however Tsavo East NP - like all other game parks - is not a zoo... there's no fence between you and wildlife and the big predators. It's the beauty of it - and the danger: you should really never step out of your vehicle unless you'd like to become some animal's dinner. And watch out: even tame-looking animals (like the babboons) can become aggressive - so stay put in you van/car/jeep - and be ready to drive off in case of necessity
nelson, a really friendly and helpful beach boy
Not a danger... but sometimes truly annoying. I'm talking about the local beach boys... nearly all posing as tourist guides, veryy few being one. Generally speaking they take a polite no for an answer - but it's not always the case. Aa a rule of thumb you should look at them straight in the eyes: if they look spaced out they have been eating "miraa" - a hallucinating grass: in this case they'll be really insisting, obnoxious and annoying. If they look clean, they will not bother you at all. Some of them, actually, will be really friendly and helpful - like for instance our "friends" Nelson and Jonathan. It pays to be polite to them - they know everything and anything.
Sidenote: we found Mombasa very hassle-free - no one ever tried to sell us anything
More Reviews (26)
- See All Accommodation in Mombasa
- See All in Mombasa
- See All before the night...
- See All Mombasa
- See All the town of Voi
- the art of recycling
call_me_rhia's Related Pages
Kenya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jamhuri ya Kenya"
- "Mombasa & once around the National Parks"
- ""YOUR @SS is GRASS!:"
- "Working in Kenia"
- "KENYA, JAMBO"
- "hakuna matata - no problem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kenya
- Hotels in Kenya
- Transportation in Kenya
- Nightlife in Kenya
- Restaurants in Kenya
- Shopping in Kenya
- Warnings and Dangers in Kenya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kenya
- 86 Reviews
- 202 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (135)
Have you been to Kenya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kenya
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 45 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 43 reviews, 95 photos, 9 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 33 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ladakh Range Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 39 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 39 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hue Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 47 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manama Intro, 33 reviews, 79 photos
- Doha Intro, 26 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues