Kenya Restaurant Tips by call_me_rhia
Kenya Restaurants: 100 reviews and 87 photos
lobster at the tamarind
The tamarind is the best restaurant in Mombasa and it's particularly well-known for its seafood dishes. Many people had marvelled about it that we decided to go there for our final lunch... everything was perfect. the luxurious building in Moorish style, the food, the view over the sea and the old town... thrilling!
Favorite Dish: We've had the msot perfect lobster we've ever had: huge, delicious... and served with a light cognac sauce that I'll never forget. We had some veggies and rice cooked in coconut milk as a side-dish.
Comparison: most expensive
Directions: in the posh suburb of Nyali - by the sea
Other Contact: email@example.com
at shasha camp
Shasha camp is a camp + open-air restaurant just few minutes away from one of the entrance gates to Tsavo East NP (the Voi gate I think). it's beautifully set into the African landscape and surrounded by towering acacia trees and a tropical garden on the banks of Voi river. Don't be fooled by the animal "skins" you'll see hanging on the reception desk: they are painted fabrics.
Favorite Dish: Shasha camp is a good option for lunch when in Tsavo: because it's located outside the park it's cheaper than park's lodges and restaurant: the food was simple but good - and thew had two musicians playing african music while we were eating
Address: Shasha Camp, P.O. Box 411 Voi
Comparison: about average
Directions: eight kilometres from Voi on the main Mwatate Road (Mombasa-Nairobi)
a delicious lobster
A gem of a restaurant! This little place is wonderful: it's located in a small house in moorish style and in the distance you can see the vasco da gama monument/pillar. It's also a very intimate and romantic place.
Favorite Dish: We had some smoked sail fish as a starter and it was really tasty - but the highlight came from the lobster: perfectly grilled and delicious. As a dessert there was a trio of tropical fruits sorbets - a bit risky, given the fact that we couldn't be sure that the water had been purified - but we could not resist: our tastebuds and stomach rejoiced - nothing nsty happened.
Address: Beach Front Road, Malindi
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: along Vasco da Gama road - on the sea front (in town)
More Reviews (25)
- See All Accommodation in Mombasa
- See All before the night...
- See All Mombasa
- See All the town of Voi
- See All wildlife and safaris
- the art of recycling
call_me_rhia's Related Pages
Kenya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jamhuri ya Kenya"
- "Mombasa & once around the National Parks"
- ""YOUR @SS is GRASS!:"
- "Working in Kenia"
- "AMBOSELI SAFARI!!"
- "KENYA, JAMBO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kenya
- Hotels in Kenya
- Transportation in Kenya
- Nightlife in Kenya
- Restaurants in Kenya
- Shopping in Kenya
- Warnings and Dangers in Kenya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kenya
- 86 Reviews
- 202 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Kenya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kenya
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 45 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 43 reviews, 95 photos, 9 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 33 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ladakh Range Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 39 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 39 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hue Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 47 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manama Intro, 33 reviews, 79 photos
- Doha Intro, 26 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues