"26 December 2002 - 6 January 2003" Top 5 Page for this destination Syria by call_me_rhia

Syria Travel Guide: 3,975 reviews and 10,297 photos

what a wonderful country:
no Coca Cola and McDonald's available
but try the local Ugarit Cola: delicious

I have seen Muslim people praying in a Christian monastery, I have seen Christians praying in mosques. I saw no friction between the two religions, no prejudices, no misunderstandings.

We all have to learn from you, Syria.

HIGHLIGHTS

wonderful welcoming people
buzzing cities and colourful souqs
history and archaeology all over

TRAVELOGUES

travel journal 2002-03
meeting Syrian people
familiar faces along the road

• Last visit to Syria: Dec 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 31, 2003

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2007 at 7:45 AM

Oh I see what you mean... we really lucked out with the weather overall, except in Palmyra (snow flurries!) and Krak (torrential rain, then fog!).

• titti's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2006 at 3:05 PM

aah! Che bella la Siria...

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2005 at 7:44 AM

I had no idea what to expect when first coming to your page on Syria--such striking antiquities! I also liked your tip on crossing the street...slowly with your fingers crossed!

• Janani's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2005 at 4:41 AM

Thank you for writing up such detailed information on Syria. It made me feel much more confident about going there alone.

• Jul 3, 2005 at 2:20 PM

I liked Al-Amra cigarettes! They are longer than the regular ones and not bad at all.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2005 at 10:10 AM

You really show your affection and understanding for this great country. I hope you get a cjhance to return some day. leyle

• Tourtech's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2005 at 5:01 PM

Great stuff from Syria. The more we explore VT about this place, the more we want to go.. Safe travels from travelling Canadians!

• Jan 19, 2005 at 4:48 AM

Informative page.Thank you.

• atesemin's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2004 at 12:56 PM

exciting reports on Syria. Made me more curious to spare time in my next bus. trip to go around. places. Have you been to a spa in the midddle of the desert (about 35 km from Palmyra> It was great experience. Good luck with your travels. cheers

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2004 at 3:13 AM

The MAX!!!

call_me_rhia

“... traveling is not a destination ...”

Badges & Stats in Syria