Thailand Sports & Outdoors Tips by call_me_rhia
Thailand Sports & Outdoors: 24 reviews and 24 photos
a beach on koh samet
All coastal southern thailand is beach country... especially on the islands. I chose Koh Samet for two reasons: first it's near bangkok and relatively low-key, and secondly because, during the wet season, it has a nearly-dry weather. If i can judge beaches from the only island i've been, this is a perfect country for swimming (lovely warm water9 and snorkeling
Equipment: a swimsuit is a must.. towel optional - in the sense that you can use the one of your bungalow. another must is a high-factor sunscreeen. i used protection 20 and got burned within 2 hours. I guess sunblock is not such a bad idea, after all
Directions: souther thailand... koh samet, specifically, in the rayong area
Theme: Beach Activities
starting off on the river pai
Rafting on a bamboo "raft" is quite interesting, you get to see life from the river's point of view. However it's gentle rafting: it doesn't do much to your adrenaline level. To give you an idea of hoe gentle, just know that i managed to smoke a cigarette while rafting (ok, the guide was not pleased). A rafting trip costs about 250 baht per person: they recommend wearing a life-vest, but i think it's totally unnecessary - we all declined. I went on the Pai river near mae Hong Son
Equipment: nothing special - but wear shoes that you don't mind getting wet. Even better, wear no shoes!
Directions: u need a travel agent to organize it for you. it's possible on most rivers
More Reviews (45)
- Survival Packing List
- See All sukhothai: sights
- See All about sukhothai
- See All Doi Suitep
- See All Koh Samet: Samed Villa
- See All short distance travel
call_me_rhia's Related Pages
Thailand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Thailand - BpraThetThai"
- "Beautiful Thailand!!"
- "Siam - Land of the Smiles"
- "*The Land of Smiles"
- "but where is your soul?"
- "A Different Thailand - The Non-Standard Places"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thailand
- Hotels in Thailand
- Transportation in Thailand
- Nightlife in Thailand
- Restaurants in Thailand
- Shopping in Thailand
- Warnings and Dangers in Thailand
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thailand
- 149 Reviews
- 302 Photos
- 30 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Thailand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thailand
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 45 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 43 reviews, 95 photos, 9 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 33 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ladakh Range Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 39 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 39 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hue Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 47 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manama Intro, 33 reviews, 79 photos
- Doha Intro, 26 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues