Isle of Skye Favorite Tips by call_me_rhia
Isle of Skye Favorites: 35 reviews and 44 photos
scenery along the northern peninsula
Favorite thing: Te northern peninsula of the Sile of Skye - roughly the area north of Portree, is a very magic piece of land - the scenery changes and becomes wilder and more craggy - villages become sparser and sparser, rocks and stones dominate the landscape
Fondest memory: The coastline - at every turn there's something unexpected: once it's a cove, then some impressive stacks, then a half-hidden sea-cave. All very dramatic
Favorite thing: Well, it was not in my plan to go to the Isle of Skye since all the tourists go there. But in a moment of desperation (read: miserable weather) I decided for it and jumped onto the first train there. I got off at the last stop (Kyle of Loclash) and took the bus to Kyleakin, which is just over the bridge and the gateway to Skye. As soon as I arrived there it felt like entering hell's gate. Feeling suicidal I decided to ride on to Portree and the beauty started. Anywhere I looked the scenery appeared to be magnificent and unique.
Fondest memory: Over the next few days the sun shone really hot and I took beautiful hikes in Glendale, visited the McLeod's Dunvegan Castle, went out by boat the view the seals (who appeared to smile and pose for us), hikes a bit in Glendale, and traveled around the northern peninsula, where I enjoyed a most perfect sunset sitting on the edge of a high cliff. Ironically, the day I was to leave Skye, it started to rain again.
More Reviews (6)
call_me_rhia's Related Pages
Isle of Skye Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Flaite do'n Eilean Sgitheanach"
- "ISLE of SKYE"
- "An t-Eilean -- The Island"
- "Isle of Skye Travel Tips - Scotland Travel Secrets"
- "Over The Sea To Skye"
- "The Skye legend"
- "Magical Isle of Skye"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isle of Skye
- Hotels in Isle of Skye
- Transportation in Isle of Skye
- Nightlife in Isle of Skye
- Restaurants in Isle of Skye
- Shopping in Isle of Skye
- Warnings and Dangers in Isle of Skye
- See All...
Explore the World
- Clarksville Hotels
- Batangas City
- Ramnagar Hotels
- San Luis Obispo Hotels
- Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area Hotels
- Prince Edward Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Isle of Skye
- 8 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Isle of Skye?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isle of Skye
- Posted in Travel Italy Forum "Re: Speeding tickets in Italy"
- Commented on one of shivan's Isle of Skye travel pages
- Wrote a Review how people used to live in Isle of Skye Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "how people used to live"
- created a Isle of Skye Travel Page "just as scenic as you have been told"
Photos in Isle of SkyeSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 45 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 43 reviews, 95 photos, 9 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 33 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ladakh Range Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 39 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 39 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hue Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 47 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manama Intro, 33 reviews, 79 photos
- Doha Intro, 26 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Isle of Skye hotel reviews
- Carters Rest Guesthouse
- 242 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013