Malindi Tourist Trap Tips by call_me_rhia Top 5 Page for this destination
Malindi Tourist Traps: 3 reviews and 6 photos
a cute-ish butterfly
The butterfly farm I visited was very near the ruins of Gedi: it's quite a small place with some interesting and colourful butterflies - but still it's far from being a palce that provides you a truly unforgettable and moving experience. Entrance was 100 kenyan shillings
Unique Suggestions: Go as an add-on after having visited the ruins of Gedi: they really are impressive. But the butterfly farm is just across the road - so it's worth taking in while you're there - mainly out of curiosity. Frankly speaking it's not worth the tour if you're not planning to see the ruins.
crocodiles fighting for food
In Malindi there's a snake and crocodile farm which could be worth visiting if there's absolutely else you can do (e.g it's raining). There's a cute giant turtle named Maria who loves bananas - and two very large and nasty crocodiles called George W. and Saddam. There's also 2 wild cats, several snakes, including the black mamba - which isn't black but blue-ish, and some iguanas.
Unique Suggestions: Go only if it's a rainy day and there's nothing else to do - it's really a waste of time unless there are no other options. If you have kids, they'll find the reptiles and animals quite nice. If you reall^y have to go, try to be there at 4 pm on wednesday and friday - they are feeding days - so at least there's a bit of action.
More Reviews (20)
- the home of beautiful carved wooden...
- See All the old mosque
- the art of recycling
- african dances
- pack some.. health
- not exactly cheap taxis...
call_me_rhia's Related Pages
Malindi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Malindi Coast"
- "another corner of paradise"
- " MALINDI "
- "Malindi - Gedi"
- "Malindi & surrounds"
- "malindi beach"
- "Turtle Bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malindi
- Hotels in Malindi
- Transportation in Malindi
- Nightlife in Malindi
- Restaurants in Malindi
- Shopping in Malindi
- Warnings and Dangers in Malindi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malindi
- 22 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Malindi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malindi
- Posted in Travel Andermatt Forum "Re: Andermatt or Interlaken..."
- updated a Malindi Travel Page "another corner of paradise"
- Uploaded a Photo to "another corner of paradise"
- Wrote a Review the home of beautiful carved wooden objects in Malindi Shopping
- Commented on one of leffe3's Malindi travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 45 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 43 reviews, 95 photos, 9 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 33 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ladakh Range Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 39 reviews, 79 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cartagena Intro, 39 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hue Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 47 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manama Intro, 33 reviews, 79 photos
- Doha Intro, 26 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues